Sign in to follow this  
CrewF16

Has this forum slowed down or is it just me?

It used to be that I could check here every day and pick up some valuable info every day or two. But lately it seems that every time I check back mostly the same topics are still here. Is this just me or are others noticing the same?

It's the summer so lots of people are on holiday. There is also a heatwave over Europe so people don't want to be staying in side.

Just a guess

We're in-between PMDG releases.  People are off flying (I am).  Gets really rabid about a month or two prior to any rumored release.

Dave Skuback - KBLM

'Cause down the shore everything's all right

As someone who spends more time here than most, I'd agree that it's slowed down a bit. That said, like the others, I think a lot of it has to do with holidays/vacations/etc.

Kyle Rodgers

Heatwave in Europe? (Chuckles). Yeah, I read news reports of "heatwave conditions" in the UK, with temperatures reaching 25-30 degrees celcius. Here in Australia, it's generally not considered a heatwave until the temperature reaches at least 38 degrees celcius... for a minimum of 4-5 days in a row. You pommies need to toughen up, princesses! :P

We're seeing 35-37-40 across Europe. Last Wednesday in Paris we saw 38+. Switzerland is seeing 35 everyday that I've checked. Madrid around the 40's. (By we, I mean I am in Paris)

So yes, it's hotter then normal across the continent. Also, in France a heatwave is considered if it's been 37 or more for 4 days.

I've been to Cairns and Darwin, and quite frankly, eff living there in the summer. Awful

On the plus side 2015 will be a good vintage.  I lived in Wiesbaden during the summer of '76, a summer with no clouds or rain, and that year was a very very good Spatlese :)

Even in the US, Seattle has had several days above 90F (32C); absolutely unheard of! Forest fires in the Pacific Northwest???  Texas has been normal, but we have our heat wave coming at the end of the week.

Dan Downs KCRP

Heatwave in Europe? (Chuckles). Yeah, I read news reports of "heatwave conditions" in the UK, with temperatures reaching 25-30 degrees celcius. Here in Australia, it's generally not considered a heatwave until the temperature reaches at least 38 degrees celcius... for a minimum of 4-5 days in a row. You pommies need to toughen up, princesses! :P

Ah...we missed it by one degree last Wednesday then - it was 37 at Heathrow - thing is I have been in the UK for too long now and have gotten soft - I grew up in Johannesburg and we had a pretty bad time with weather back in the eighties with a pretty long drought - if you saw a cloud in the sky you'd have a party! We could quite easily hit mid thirties to early forties. Not so bad anymore so I hear, but haven't been there for about 4 years so can't really say!

What I can say is England is not designed for heat - houses are terrible - they hold the heat in and there's no air con unless you want to go out and buy a unit (which really would be a waste of money as its very rare that we get those temps here) oh and the trains have to drive slowly because the tracks buckle...not sure what they build them out of - perhaps chocolate was the wrong choice? :Big Grin:

Anthony Milner

Forest fires in the Pacific Northwest???  

Having fought fires in the PNW for many years...they've always been there. :)  Just some years don't make the news that much.  You're right, it's been really hot.  I'm on the east coast now but my parents are in Oregon and it's been unusually warm where they are.  But, it's not Texas hot.

Chris B. Trane

So it appears there are some different degrees of opinion as to why traffic seems to have slowed here! I personally believe it is due to a lack of posts from Greece!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think it's the lack of update from PMDG because... they haven't got anything meaningful to update us with yet. Patience, grasshopper!

Returned to Phoenix in the summer one year and the high temp never got below 110 F all week.  One day temp was +121 F at Sky Harbor airport.  Suspended flight ops because (as I understand it) temp exceeded published operational guidence for various aircraft.  Now that's hot!

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

I was stationed at Nellis in Las Vegas as a Crew Chief on F-16's. We parked our AC Nose to nose and tail to tail. I can remember recording ambient temps of 160 F in-between running jets where we would have to work. That is HOT! 

As someone who spends more time here than most, I'd agree that it's slowed down a bit. That said, like the others, I think a lot of it has to do with holidays/vacations/etc.

Speaking for me, I have to say that PMDG's DC-6 announcement actually made me (by chance) an "FSX renegade". :ph34r:

Since the beginning of March 2015 I am enjoying XP-10 very much, especially all the developments just taking place during these last four months.

On the other hand I keep my FSX, P3D and FSX:SE installations up to date which was an easy job exactly during that same time.

So from my point of view a lot of the action takes place in and around XP-10.

Nevertheless this kind of forum deceleration might also speak for a great amount of people just enjoying their favorite PMDG A/Cs inside their actual FS installations. 

Happy flying everyone!

:p0502:

I lived in Wiesbaden during the summer of '76, a summer with no clouds or rain, and that year was a very very good Spatlese :)

:drinks:  :germany-flag:  But there is nothing like a cold beer during a barbecue these days!  (Instead of wine IMO. And the beer with 0% alc for being 100% politically correct...)

It's quiet because they are all busy wrapping the B744 for release tomorrow  :ph34r: