Sign in to follow this  
tomerasi2

FSX Problem - UIAutomationCore.dll

hello guys,

i`m using opus weather for a long time but it sems like it cause fsx to crash..

well, the problem starts after 1.5-3 hours from the take off.

i`m using opus for the whole flight, but then, all of a sudden, the sim crash for 9 min. (eyery time i`s 9 min...).

the screen turn blue,and the mouse pointer is turning.

after 9 min, the sim is "alive" again,and the flight continu like nothing happened.

i`m using live camera and the weather all over the flight.

i must find the solution.

thank you very much!!!!

(sorry about the poor english).

Just to make sure, how do you know it's Opus? Have you tried the same flight without Opus and had no problems?

Just to make sure, how do you know it's Opus? Have you tried the same flight without Opus and had no problems?

well, i have this problem before, same thing,

i flew with full screen and that was the cause to the problem.

so i`m pretty sure it`s opus.

do you think that it might been happening due to a small screen flight? (now i`m flying with a small screen...)

additionally - i forgot to say - i`m running opus as Administrator

Opus is an external program with no dependence on an internal DLL (apart from OpusPDK camera interface for P3D). So Opus uses only SimConnect program to program.

Hence...

Opus cannot cause FSX to crash, it's not possible as there is no direct contact.

its most likely a resource or disk load problem, the sim pausing while it reloads data etc.. It's true that the sim will need more resources with complex weather rather than with just clear weather. But this is not an Opus fault.

Stephen :-)

Please remember...

1. This sounds like just a sim pause during reload of data to me, not a crash although FSX is well known to suffer resource problems.

2. Opus is an external program and does not operate within the address space of FSX. It's only issuing external program to program SimConnect requests.

Of course I would advise to upgrade to the latest version of OpusFSX or better still upgrade to latest OpusFSI version.

It's not a direct fault of Opus though and nothing Opus could do to prevent your sims pause.

Opus is an external program with no dependence on an internal DLL (apart from OpusPDK camera interface for P3D). So Opus uses only SimConnect program to program.

Hence...

Opus cannot cause FSX to crash, it's not possible as there is no direct contact.

its most likely a resource or disk load problem, the sim pausing while it reloads data etc.. It's true that the sim will need more resources with complex weather rather than with just clear weather. But this is not an Opus fault.

Please remember...

1. This sounds like just a sim pause during reload of data to me, not a crash although FSX is well known to suffer resource problems.

2. Opus is an external program and does not operate within the address space of FSX. It's only issuing external program to program SimConnect requests.

Of course I would advise to upgrade to the latest version of OpusFSX or better still upgrade to latest OpusFSI version.

It's not a direct fault of Opus though and nothing Opus could do to prevent your sims pause.

sorry for the delay guys.... i'll do a flight in the next few days without opus, and i'll tell you the result...

thx!

Don't think that will prove anything. As I said the most likely cause is a resource or data access and loading problem within FSX, not within Opus. The problem on your system most likely manifests itself when you load weather etc.. In other words when you make your sim work harder and use up more resources.

Once again the Opus server program is completely 'external' to the sim and is not controlling the sim in real time. Weather is injected, all via an external SimConnect link, and the sim does the rest. Opus does nothing more nor does it have any means to crash the FSX program. The only continuous control is the coaxing of Dynamic Winds via an fsuipc interface and camera DHM control via SimConnect.

All undertaken externally and not within the FSX address space.

You sim simply runs out of resources or struggles to load data after a prolonged period of operation. Of course if you don't ask it to do anything by not injecting complex weather then FSX will most likely survive.

Irrespective there's nothing I can do apart from suggesting to simplify your weather, ensure the sim operates with its own dedicated disk system, etc..

You could try disabling DWC or DHM to remove these real time or frequent control requests via fsuipc4 and SimConnect respectively.

There was an issue with FSX freezing a while back.  The addition of a FSX.cfg edit has resolved a lot of issues.

Please start here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/453283-asnext-sp1-causes-long-system-pauses/#entry3094387

You need to apply the correct setting for your CPU which depends on the number of cores that are contained within it.  The setting recommended by Tabs is for a 4 core CPU not running with Hyperthreading enabled.

\Robert Hamlich/

well, guys, i have solved the problem finally!!

the solution: (i think that you were right, the opus wasn't the cause to the problem.)

1/ make sure you run fsx as administrator.

2/ choose Compatibility and start this program as Compatibility mode and set - windows xp (service pack 2). in the fsx setting (in the desktop.)

3/ put this file in your fsx folder - UIAutomationCore.dll.

that fixed the problem.

thank you very much guys!!!!! :P

(sorry for he poor english)