Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

My P3D experience was ruined 2 hours ago. NET. problems are primary suspects.

I have been running P3D2.5 successfully for last 3 months until last night after I installed FSDT KFLL into P3D 2.5

Here is what I exactly did

1. Turned off Norton Antivirus completely
2. Downloaded the installer.
3. Run the Installer as usual.
4. Load the Scenery and got the following 2 CTDs without showing the specific module that created cTD.

Error #1

Prepar3D.exe 
   555f2e54 
   unknown 
   c0000005 
   ffb200a7 
   156c 
   01d0b9e3df6c042f 
   D:\P3D\Prepar3D.exe 
   unknown 
   1e1a57fd-25d8-11e5-b881-c86000a19f45 

Error #2 

Application: Prepar3D.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address FFB200A7 

I was able to recreate this error 8 times out of 8 attempts and every time I had been receiving the same two errors within 2-3 minutes of running the simulator with 4 different scenery products - FSDT, FB and T2G

Some info about my software

1. I have recent P3D 2.5 fix installed.

2. I have MS NET Framework 4.5.2 installed

3. I have all three MS Simconnects intalled, 

4. I have MS Visual C++ 2013 Redist both x64 and x86 intalled.

Need help desperately as I have no idea what to do. I had a bunch of FSDT/T2G/FB sceneries installed into P3D and never had any issues. Even don't have an idea which direction should I move 

Thank you in advance

Dmitriy

I have been running P3D2.5 successfully for last 3 months until last night after I installed FSDT KFLL into P3D 2.5

Well from all of the detailed description and you have installed other airports from same developer leads me to think its just this airport and stating the obvious you would need to ask FSDT why its doing this as it seems like something under the hood is a miss in this particular airport - hmm after reading carefully you have issues with others also - are the others creating the same problem - I would uninstall them and do one at a time until one produces the problem hopefully its just one of them messing things up - you were ot specific when the problems started

Error messages should be taken with a grain of salt as most the time the error has nothing to do with what the real problem is - I seldom pay attention to them as they dont mean squat 

Rich Sennett

Also, I found that Estonia MT module is a part of my dll. exe. Should it be there at all?

Here is my dll.exe. I'm not sure if Estonia Migration Tool should be there, but perhaps I'm wrong

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Migration Tool Plugin</Name>
    <Path>MigTool.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <Path>D:\P3D\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
    <Path>SDK\Environment SDK\Traffic Toolbox SDK\TrafficToolbox.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Flight Recorder</Name>
    <Path>Aerosoft\Flight Recorder\AS-FlightRecorder.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

Well from all of the detailed description and you have installed other airports from same developer leads me to think its just this airport and stating the obvious you would need to ask FSDT why its doing this as it seems like something under the hood is a miss in this particular airport - hmm after reading carefully you have issues with others also - are the others creating the same problem - I would uninstall them and do one at a time until one produces the problem hopefully its just one of them messing things up - you were ot specific when the problems started

Error messages should be taken with a grain of salt as most the time the error has nothing to do with what the real problem is - I seldom pay attention to them as they dont mean squat 

Richard

Thanks for the quick response. I have been on FS Arena since FS2002 times and I have been curing a whole bunch of various CTDs, but those CTD's had always indicated specific problems related to either terrain, scenery, weather,  ATC or whatever else and I was able to cure most of them and sometimes with the help of this forum. This particular CTD states "unknown" as a name of the module that makes me both puzzled and desperate at the same time as I don't want to go with re-install routine. 

Estonia really really screwed up my entire P3D2.5

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

When I have a well running sim, and install something, and it crashes, what I installed is obviously the cause. I quickly uninstall it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Normally, EMT has nothing to do with NET issues. At least this is what I know.

I reinstalled KFLL immediately, but the problem persists as FSDT installer has two modules related to their other sceneries and sceneries of other developers such as FlightBeam. I will try to disable those modules tomorrow and see how P3D will behave at non-FSDT-"moduled" airports such as T2G and Flytampa even with GSX disabled.

Also, I found that Estonia MT module is a part of my dll. exe. Should it be there at all?

Yes it should be there - so no problem there sounds like you know your stuff so I wont question that - if it was me I would uninstall those payware airports - use ccleaner after - then install the FSDT KFLL and see what happens - you need to get back to square one with P3D to diagnose it you should be able to get it back without re-installing - now the only thing that is not cool is you dll.exe will still retain those airport entry's - that could be tricky to say your back to square one but if you dont know how to clean it up leave it alone - so for starters get those airports out and try each one until you have a problem - did you have some of them loaded with no problems and you loaded KFLL and the problems started ? not a big fan of fsdt Couatl some have no problems with it others have tons - after I load Couatl seems like my sim gets sluggish - also wonder if KFLL is updated for your version of p3d - just throwing some stuff out there - sorry for babbling 

EMT has nothing to do with it - these airports have native P3D installers - EMT doesnt even enter the picture 

Rich Sennett

Always follow an install of an FSDT scenery for P3D with the latest standalone Addon Manager, specifically for P3D. It seems to cure a lot of things. It is usually updated to be current with the latest P3D hotfixes.

Also, make sure you download the most current KFLL package from FSDT, they always are updating their installers.

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

I just tested lastest FSDT KFLL (download tonight from their web site) out and can confirm I get the same .NET Runtime error.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          7/9/2015 12:27:18 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Rob-5960X-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.5.12946.0, time stamp: 0x555f1dfa
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffb000a7
Faulting process id: 0x1c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ba187389d4f8
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: ed5902e4-260b-11e5-9e41-54a050d5785d
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-09T07:27:18.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>18822</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Rob-5960X-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.5.12946.0</Data>
    <Data>555f1dfa</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>ffb000a7</Data>
    <Data>1c8</Data>
    <Data>01d0ba187389d4f8</Data>
    <Data>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>ed5902e4-260b-11e5-9e41-54a050d5785d</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Probably should report this to FSDT support.

Cheers, Rob.

You need to get really friendly with a powerful backup tool to run this sim.

Thanks for sharing this experience, gona backup before any install henceforth, thought EMT was safe.

cheers

This problem doesn't have anything to do with any of our products.

None of our software use, is linked against to, communicates with, or is affected by the .NET runtimes in any way. There are many 3rd party add-ons that use .NET, like UT2, REX, and many others, but none of our software use it.

This, combined with the fact the OP said it's happening also a NON-FSDT sceneries, only confirm this:

every time I had been receiving the same two errors within 2-3 minutes of running the simulator with 4 different scenery products - FSDT, FB and T2G

Taxi2Gate sceneries, in particular, don't use any of our modules. And none of our modules ever touches .NET so, if there's a .NET message, it cannot possibly come from any of our modules.

Of course, before replying, here and on our forum, I reinstalled KFLL into P3D (just to be sure), and I cannot see any crashes, both when running KFLL, or when using it together with GSX.

About the Migration Tool, the Legacy Mode must be disabled when running any FSDT products, since what the Legacy Mode does, is to conceal P3D to appear being FSX, so our module cannot recognize it as P3D, and this will surely cause a crash, since the software has to go directly in the sim internal memory locations to find data it cannot obtain in any other ways.

However, if you must use the Legacy Mode, an user on our forum found a trick to use it together with our products:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11699.msg89727.html#msg89727

Thanks to all who responded.

I will be doing some tests later this afternoon once I finish my primary work tasks and first thing that I'm going to do is to completely disable bglman an coatl to see how P3D would work in this situation. I have few quick questions to Umberto and others thought.

1. I have a whole bunch of other sceneries from FSDT/Flightbeam (they both utilize the same module) installed and I have never had any problems before KFLL install.

2. You say that non of your modules use NET, but why each of your packages has MS C++ 2013 installer embedded?

3. Yes, I have EMT and when it's in disabled mode (very common thing many simmers forget to do is to disable EMT after installing a product that require EMT) it does not hurt P3D.

4. I don' have UT, MT aor any other traffic programs as for last 11 years I have been using my own, custom made traffic with TFS, FAIB, AIA and others. 

5. ASN was disabled during the testing period. I mentioned this as ASN uses NET extensively

I just tested lastest FSDT KFLL (download tonight from their web site) out and can confirm I get the same .NET Runtime error.

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error
Date:          7/9/2015 12:27:18 AM
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: (100)
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      Rob-5960X-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 2.5.12946.0, time stamp: 0x555f1dfa
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0xffb000a7
Faulting process id: 0x1c8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0ba187389d4f8
Faulting application path: D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: ed5902e4-260b-11e5-9e41-54a050d5785d
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-07-09T07:27:18.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>18822</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Rob-5960X-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>2.5.12946.0</Data>
    <Data>555f1dfa</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>00000000</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>ffb000a7</Data>
    <Data>1c8</Data>
    <Data>01d0ba187389d4f8</Data>
    <Data>D:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>unknown</Data>
    <Data>ed5902e4-260b-11e5-9e41-54a050d5785d</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Probably should report this to FSDT support.

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, thank you for your time and efforts. Glad to see that it's not a random error on my side and there is a pattern

2. You say that non of your modules use NET, but why each of your packages has MS C++ 2013 installer embedded?

Requiring Visual C++ runtime libraries doesn't mean the software has anything to do with .NET

Any program written in C++ will require some version of the VC++ runtimes, FSX and P3D require the 2005 version, our modules used to require the 2005 SP1 version, but they are all been updated since a few months to use the 2013 version, mostly because it's a more supported version.

.NET is the support framework for software (usually) written in C# or Visual Basic. It's also possible to write software in C++ that requires the .NET framework too, but it's not the case with any of our modules.

Note that, the .NET framework *ITSELF* will also require some version (depending on the version of the .NET framework) of the VC++ runtime library too, but if a problem with the installation of the .NET framework caused a problem with the VC++ runtimes, you would have lots of issues with many other Windows programs, and our modules wouldn't even start.

Requiring Visual C++ runtime libraries doesn't mean the software has anything to do with .NET

Umberto knows His stuff so I personally wouldn't question it - did not know you needed to disable EMT after installing something - have to give that a go but really never noticed any problems leaving it enabled - can someone elaborate on this as I find Their directions confusing for some reason - thanks

Rich Sennett