Hi, my name is Seb, and I only joined this forum last week.

I have been flight simming for over 15 years, and my sim of choice is FSX, and I mostly fly PMDG 737,777,747-400 and the Level D 767-300, using the CH yoke and pedals, which are ok, but not great.

Presently, I am looking to upgrade to a high end metal yoke and throtlle quadrant that will last me a long time, but most importantly give me a more a precise, realistic feel. I have been reading some of the reviews on both GoFlight and PFC, and have read a lot of mixed reviews which has left me a bit confused. When you are spending big money on your flight sim hardware, you want make sure that you are buying quality and not rubbish, to be fair CH has served me well for the last 10 years, but I want move up the next level.

So which should I go for, the GoFlight yoke and throttle quadrant?, or the PFC cirrus saab yoke (the PFC system I am considering is in the Youtube video below)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RY-EVETD74&list=FLIMhHYM0O6x2PnZPIugv72w&index=1

Where are you based?

If you live in Europe, I'd go for the Go-Flight,if only for the chance that you might actually get your order delivered.

I ordered A Saab PFC Yoke from SimtechDesign of Barcelona 6 months ago today, and am still waiting for it to be delivered!!!

Nothing but broken promises all the way.

Edit  Have received an email from Simtechdesign apologising for the delay, and offering me a discount on the price, so maybe there's hope yet.

Don't write them off just yet!

I am wondering why Saitek cannot make something more "serious", for such long time they offer only this toy like assortment, no any new product...

Artur 

It isn't really market. Saitek do not make very expensive equipment and do well with what they produce.

I own the PFC C2 Professional console with the Cirrus Saab yoke and several throttle sets and find them to be terrific. Worth the money for sure.

Rick

I am a huge fan of Goflight for Avionics, well built units.

That said I would go for PFC for yoke and throttles.

I´m also waiting for my PFC Cirrus Saab yoke from Simtech Design............

Goran Arvnell

I have owned a PFC Saab yoke (with hall effects), throttle console and Cirrus rudder pedals for about 2 years.  All I can say is they are worth every penny.  You simply can not compare a PFC device with a Saitek or CH.  I've never used a Goflight so I can't give an opinion, but I used a CH yoke for many years, and I tried out a Saitek Cessna yoke before purchasing the PFC gear.  Like I said, no comparison.

My only gripe is with the rudder pedals.  The toe brake springs are too stiff and when I press them hard enough to trigger the brakes it ends up tipping the whole set off the floor.  So, I bought a set of Saitek Cessna pedals and I'm very happy with them.

Jay

Current Build (02/2024): AMD 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend MB | Noctua NH-U12S Chromax | 32gb GSkill Trident Z5 DDR5-6000 CAS 30 | Samsung 990 Pro 2tb NVMe Gen4 (OS) | WD Black 4tb NVMe Gen4 (MSFS) | Corsair RM1000x Shift Series PS | ASUS RTX 4090 Strix ROG | LG 55" C2 Display

As the owner of a GoFlight Yoke i would probably go for the PFC.  

I have numerous gripes with the GoFlight e.g. stiff operation including a rather dubious centre point and entirely useless mouse control function on the right hand side.

It tends to be the pitch control that is rubbish, the roll is actually pretty smooth and solid feeling.

Ian R Tyldesley

I am in the same position as you, looking to replace my aging Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant for something more serious and reliable. Based on all the reviews and research I've done I decided I am going to go with the PFC yoke and throttle quadrant. The reviews I read/watched on the GoFlight were good, but the PFC seems to have just a little bit extra that makes it slightly better. One of the big selling points for me was the PFC throttle quadrant can be changed out with different kinds of throttles (twin engine jet, twin engine prop, TPM, etc.) rather easily which I really like because I enjoy flying many different kinds of aircraft and having the ability to change my throttle quadrant to reflect what I am flying in the sim is really cool in my opinion. Only downside is the throttle sets are kind of expensive so that is extra money I will have to spend.

Samuel Scully

Where are you based?

If you live in Europe, I'd go for the Go-Flight,if only for the chance that you might actually get your order delivered.

I ordered A Saab PFC Yoke from SimtechDesign of Barcelona 6 months ago today, and am still waiting for it to be delivered!!!

Edit  Have received an email from Simtechdesign apologising for the delay, and offering me a discount on the price, so maybe there's hope yet.

Where are you based?

I am from Sydney, Australia, PFC have an Australian based authorised seller in Hawker Pacific aviation, when I have contacted Hawker Pacific (who are conveniently located only a few kilometres from where I live), they advised me, that they can order PFC products from the USA, and have them delivered in less than 2 weeks, but who knows?

Maybe this would be helpful, don't know why I didn't think of it before

Thanks for that, I have seen that review from FroogleSim, and it's very informative, but I have read of some bad reviews of GoFlight Yokes, so I am in two minds.

I have owned a PFC Saab yoke (with hall effects), throttle console and Cirrus rudder pedals for about 2 years.  All I can say is they are worth every penny.  You simply can not compare a PFC device with a Saitek or CH.  I've never used a Goflight so I can't give an opinion, but I used a CH yoke for many years, and I tried out a Saitek Cessna yoke before purchasing the PFC gear.  Like I said, no comparison.

My only gripe is with the rudder pedals.  The toe brake springs are too stiff and when I press them hard enough to trigger the brakes it ends up tipping the whole set off the floor.  So, I bought a set of Saitek Cessna pedals and I'm very happy with them.

Jay

Thank you Jay, may I ask do you mainly fly heavy jets ie. Boeing 737,777 etc in your flight sim?, and if so does the PFC yoke and throttle quadrant give a more realistic feel?

Also, I believe there is no hat switch with the PFC yoke?, if this is the case, how do you adjust the views when in virtual cockpit mode?

I am from Sydney, Australia, PFC have an Australian based authorised seller in Hawker Pacific aviation, when I have contacted Hawker Pacific (who are conveniently located only a few kilometres from where I live), they advised me, that they can order PFC products from the USA, and have them delivered in less than 2 weeks, but who knows?

My authorised seller quoted a 28 day delivery.

My authorised seller quoted a 28 day delivery.

May I ask which country you are from?, and was this delay to do with ordering PFC gear?, or more the shipping side of things?