Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Install patch 1D

Hi ,

I had downloaded the 1D installer from the pmdg site for the 200LRF and 300ER.

When I run the installer, I get two options, remove or repair.

Since I am only upgrading I clicked on repair for both the installers.

Is that the correct procedure, or should I unstall first and reinstall all over again.

I dont want to lose my existing setup, configuration etc.

And if I need to uninstall before I reinstall, should I remove using the installer or use windows control panel uninstall ?.

I ran the rapair and it kind of completed in 2 secs, so not sure if I now had patch 1D or if I am still in 1c.

Thanks

Hari

Is that the correct procedure, or should I unstall first and reinstall all over again.

Run the PMDG OC, uninstall the 300ER and 200 Base Package in that order using the Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel. Install 200 Base Package and 300ER in that order. Run the PMDG OC. Click on the gear looking icon in the upper right and it will ask you if you want to repair your liveries. Answer yes and you are in business.

Run the PMDG OC, uninstall the 300ER and 200 Base Package in that order using the Programs and Features in the Windows Control Panel. Install 200 Base Package and 300ER in that order. Run the PMDG OC. Click on the gear looking icon in the upper right and it will ask you if you want to repair your liveries. Answer yes and you are in business.

If I follow the above procedure, will I lose my aircraft settings or saved startup flights or situations ?

I hate to go through that again.

I have setup the pmdg 300ER the way I prefer and think will be a pain to go through again.

I also have multicrew, setup, will that be impacted as well ?

If I follow the above procedure, will I lose my aircraft settings or saved startup flights or situations ?

No, not as long as you follow Michael's instructions.

Dan Downs KCRP

Fortunatelly all previous settings will remain untouched, and will actually work in the new version.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

I dont want to lose my existing setup, configuration etc.

I don't quite agree that you won't lose any of your existing configuration by running a new installation as described above.  It depends upon what you have modified. 

If you have added gauges to the panel.cfg file or modified some display settings -- such as moving a popup CDU display to a different location or resizing it -- you are likely to lose those modifications.  If you have edited the aircraft.cfg file -- for example to make Function view commands to work differently than  the default -- you will lose those settings.  So it is best to back up the main panel.cfg and all the aircraft.cfg files if you have edited them.  After the installation, you can't just paste them back and overwrite the newly installed files (that may overwrite PMDG's improvements to these files) .  But you can use the backups to copy your modifications back into the panel.cfg and aircraft.cfg files. 

Also it should be noted that some older startup situations may use panel states that are not compatible with the newer 777 versions.  If you notice strange behavior when you use an older saved situation or saved panel state, you may need to stop using it.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2