Sign in to follow this  
Demious

Black Screen

I had to reinstall P3D v2 and this is the first time I installed the hotfix4 version, but when I started P3D I get a program windows, but I only get a black screen.

I did a full reinstall, from a clean Windows7 up, turned off UAC, installed the redist 2005 up to 2012, installed DX11 and Geforce driver 353.30, as I always do and then P3D v2.5.12946.0. That's all I did so far.

Anyone any idea about what can be the problem and what I can do to fix it?

Cheers!

Maarten

If I had that problem, the first thing I would try is another GPU driver. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I thought to have read several posts about the 353.30 that it was working properly, and I've got quite a cliché system, but that was indeed the problem. The 353.12 works fine.

Thanks Bobsk8! :)

Cheers!

Maarten

I thought to have read several posts about the 353.30 that it was working properly, and I've got quite a cliché system, but that was indeed the problem. The 353.12 works fine.

Thanks Bobsk8! :)

Thanks for the Info, rolling back to 353.12 :) as I have the same problem with HDR lighting enabled.

EDIT Doesn't work still on the 353.12 driver. Every time I enable HDR lighting screen is black :(

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

I learned many years  ago with Flight Sims that getting the latest drivers is like betting in Las Vegas. Your odds are not good. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I'm not sure if I have the same issue.  P3D loads and I can fly but after a random interval the screen goes black.  I can still hear the sounds.  I try to switch from full to windowed mode but nothing seems to work.  

I have Nvidia 353.30 and P3D 2.5.12945.0

I'm running 2x GTX 970 SLI, I have NOT tweaked any settings using NVI.

I have REX soft Clouds and have been running with HDR enabled.

I'll try disabling HDR and let you know what happens.  Since I have FSUIPC for autosaves it hasn't been a total loss.

You could try renaming your 'Shaders' folder.( or deleting it ) and let p3d build a new one.

I'm not sure if I have the same issue.  P3D loads and I can fly but after a random interval the screen goes black.  I can still hear the sounds.  I try to switch from full to windowed mode but nothing seems to work.  

I have Nvidia 353.30 and P3D 2.5.12945.0

I'm running 2x GTX 970 SLI, I have NOT tweaked any settings using NVI.

I have REX soft Clouds and have been running with HDR enabled.

I dont have SLI, but fort he rest it sounds very much like what I experienced.

Cheers!

Maarten

Well I've been running with HDR disabled and I haven't had a black screen yet.  The only change I made was to disable HDR nothing else. 

Well I spoke to soon.  The Black Screen has returned but this time I noticed a notification that was hidden behind it that said the Nvidia driver has stopped and was recovered, something along those lines.  I'm going to roll back to the previous driver release and see if that makes a difference.

I've just had a black screen to, it seem to occur after I modified the HDR.hlsl file,  if I unchecked HDR then it returned to normal.

Looking through the ... /Shaders/PostProcess  folder I noticed two entries of the hdr.hlsl file, one with a 0KB size and the other with 6KB.

I deleted the files ( including a backup) and copied and pasted a file from a backup of my ShadersHLSL. now appears to be ok so far.

bob