Sign in to follow this  
Ebs

RSR: "A year from now [...] the first previews of our upcoming 7_7 project"

My guess would be the 757 as well. Only reason being the relatively short time frame before beta testing. A 787 would be a 'from the ground up' project that would seem to take longer. That is also a big assumption on my part that a lot of the 777 work could be utilized for the 757 and also assuming that this other project isn't already being worked on feverishly in secret. A lot of assuming and guessing...

Why would PMDG make a 78 when QW already is, its just not necessary. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

There were plenty of other 737NG and even a few 777 and PMDG did both of those models... 

I would have to agree that the 787 seems the most likely candidate, although an update to the 737NGX would be nice (-900ER, scimitar wings (ugly))

There were plenty of other 737NG and even a few 777 and PMDG did both of those models... 

I would have to agree that the 787 seems the most likely candidate, although an update to the 737NGX would be nice (-900ER, scimitar wings (ugly))

I think the other 737's where not announced before the NGX was, I really find it hard to believe that PMDG would do a 787 when a 787 has been in active development for a long time, and QW seems like they are making a nice product. Anyways thats just my thought. Wes, I'm probably a little biased as I have always wanted a really good uodated 75 76.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

787 is my bet

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

787 is my bet

I think you're probably right, though I wish you weren't......

hey where is Kyle, he usually kills all of our hope by page 3 doesn't he?

:D

Ron Hamilton

I hope it's a 787, Boeing have a peach of an aircraft there and I'd love to see its virtual cousin developed by PMDG!

I really hope for 787.

Love this bird!

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I don't mean to bust a bubble, but I am willing to bet he we referring to the relaunched 747 that they are building. I dont see them being able to be full steam ahead with the DC, a revamp of the 747, and be preview ready for a completely new project simultaneously. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

PMDG and QW are in to different classes as far as complexity and accuracy are concerned.

Sean Campbell

I don't mean to bust a bubble, but I am willing to bet he we referring to the relaunched 747 that they are building. I dont see them being able to be full steam ahead with the DC, a revamp of the 747, and be preview ready for a completely new project simultaneously.

I don't know, he mention the 737, 747 and 748, and T7 in the quote. Then said the next 7_7 project. I doubt he was referring to the old 747.

If we narrow it down since it's a 7_7, it can only be a 707, 727, 757, 767, or 787.

I'd hope for a 757 or 737 since the 787 doesn't interest me that much, but due to what they have said in the past about a 757 or 767, my best guess would be the 787.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I guess I have to concede that a 787 makes more sense. I just look at my boxed 747-200 and wish it worked in FSX. Another 737 doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But, the fact they are making the DC-6 suggest a turn to maybe older aircraft, hence why I thought maybe not a 787. But with what people have said about the Boeing license, maybe it makes more sense. Just in my opinion, it's a bit too samey. Others disagree though and I hear what they are saying

I am fairly certain someone from PMDG ruled out a Boeing 757, as this is the project that Level-D is supposedly (it's been about a decade now I think) working on and PMDG won't jeopardise their good relationship with Level-D by doing the same aircraft. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain I'm not. Not sure they'd do a 787, as it's a brand new aircraft and I'd tend to think Boeing would keep much if not all of the relevant data under wraps - even from PMDG. My best guess is a 767. BUT I would love a PMDG 787 to use on Jetstar's Australia-Japan routes.

As I've said before, I'm hoping for a 767.  This plane is still quite viable and will be around for many years to come. The 767-400 is only 15 years old, FedEx ordered more -300Fs a few years ago, and the Air Force just ordered a variant of the 767-200 for its next generation air refueling fleet.

Qualitywings is already working on a 787, and while I suppose a PMDG 787 would be more detailed and accurate, which is not a foregone conclusion as demonstrated by the sophisticated Qualitywings AVRO RJ series, the community really needs a PMDG-level 767. 

A 757 would be great, too, considering that the Qualitywings 757 is more of a "lite" sort of product.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

If we narrow it down since it's a 7_7, it can only be a 707, 727, 757, 767, or 787.

So the 717/MD-95 doesn't count? :P

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM