Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Duke V2 issues

Rich, I've noticed odd FPS drops in the RA TDuke ... but it seems to be related to a specific prop RPM (I'm guessing something to do with the animation ... not really sure).  Apparently it doesn't happen in FSX, only P3D.

Widescreen will effectively zoom you out which is why it may seem less blurry as more texture resolution is squeezed into the same actual screen resolution.

It's a wonderful aircraft to fly especially with the GTN 750 ... the rain effects are not precipitFX (the other effects are but not the windshield rain), they are RA's, you can enabled/disable the rain effects via RA control panel (along with other features).

Cheers, Rob.

EDIT: get another Titan X to solve it and dump that MB for DDR4 ;)

EDIT: get another Titan X to solve it and dump that MB for DDR4 ;)

No fps issues Rob - thanks for info - another Titan - no funds for that or a 4k monitor just yet - someday

Rich Sennett

Thank for the heads up Buddy - have to figure this out as not sure developer will be able to diagnose it, just a thought wonder if precipitfx has something to do with it - have to text that - hope not cant live without that :)

Don't think so

I run PFX P3D and Turbine Duke and no fps loss

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok Guys - all set now I tried this below as for lights I still miss lighted up individual gauges not sure if they are in real aircraft but anyway I thought I had th darker version installed in configurator but did not had brighter so its better now as for vc rain stutters - all set now these are settings I am not use to but Rob has always preached turning off widescreen but I never had luck with it but now I think I know why - I never dumped my my shaders thought I would try it an it worked so thats good here is my in p3d settings now duke smooth as butter now in thunderstorm scenario vc rain doing its thing

As for trim on my saitek throttle quadrant tried all settings - I can get it to jump to 10 degrees down and 10 degrees up but nothing in between for now I have it basically not working and will just use yoke and in regular flight use AP functions on my saitek mulit panel - trim thing is weird as it works on all of my other aircraft perfectly - not sure if there is a setting in realair or p3d to fix this

1. widescreen view - off

2. vsyn - on

3. tripple buffering - off

4. fxaa - off

5. msaa - 2 samples

6. ansio - 18x

7. texture res - 2048

NI in use

Rich Sennett

Rich if you apply my HDR adjustments this is how the TDuke 2 looks ...

Before HDR adjustments:

93fd87349d565f81a6a5f73545ec1af5.jpg

After my HDR adjustments:

3ad8b96138b40a4b2b4178491b7cf30c.jpg

I hope the RA folks decide to do another aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Rich if you apply my HDR adjustments this is how the TDuke 2 looks ...

Before HDR adjustments:

93fd87349d565f81a6a5f73545ec1af5.jpg

After my HDR adjustments:

3ad8b96138b40a4b2b4178491b7cf30c.jpg

I hope the RA folks decide to do another aircraft.

Cheers, Rob.

Where can I find this mod?

E mail Rob. Good guy. Good support.

RLJR

E mail Rob. Good guy. Good support.

RLJR

Should be all set lost a bit of AA due to full screen instead of widescreen but I will play with ni settings for the full screen mode see what I come up with

Rich Sennett