Sign in to follow this  
Nduru

Fiber frame time fractioning HELP

Hi guys, I currently have Fiber frame time fractioning tweak on 0.01 and it gives me the best possible fps but causes me to have high gpu loads and textures loading very slowly, and so i tried removing it but that gave me crap fps and stutters while flying through clouds. So what value do you guys use? I am not sure what value to choose between 0.01 and 0.33, what values do you guys recommend i try? Thanks :)

That totally depends on your system...

0.20 and 0.16 are popular values  B)

Bert

As you know the upper and lower limits, try working toward the middle from the ends until you reach a number that satisfies your requirements and system. Change in blocks of 0.05. 

Personally,  I see no benefit in having anything added to the .cfg at all (default with no entry is 0.33)

.01 is way to low try.1 it works for me

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Anything lower than 0.10 is ignored and set to 0.10.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have a ton of Orbx land scenery.  I played around with this value for a considerable amount of time and settled on 0.20 which gives me smooth results on an i7920 3Ghz machine (ancient by some of today's standards.)

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

That' s funny. Three or two months ago the "invention" of 0.01 was celebrated as the best thing since sliced bread throughout all fora. :lol:

Times are changing quickly.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Yes pmb and a lot of gurus out there claim that it should not be used at all!!!

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Sometimes people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Facts are irrelevant.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Sometimes people see what they want to see and believe what they want to believe. Facts are irrelevant.

Vic

Propagating "tweak" settings as absolute is an ego excercise or ignorance. A range of values serve a range of hardware and associated software. But, some people really love to make proclamations. I started a thread on this a while ago and I use .01. It worked and gave me a boost in FPS. It still works today. My advice is spend a few hours going through a range of settings if you want to squeeze the max FPS. However, add something new and that value may not be ok for running it in P3D,

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Most tweaks do nothing, most of the time. Some do bad things some of the time. Occasionally a tweak might do some good. VERY occasionally !

Unless you try them you won't know. Unless you have a back-up plan or the knowledge to restore the computer to pre-tweak you are risking a lot.

Simply throwing them at your sim does not work 100% of the time. 

And alongside the backup you need a testing plan that is representative, repeatable and sustainable. Does that tweak work with your system in your simulation environment and meet your requirements ? That's why self education is the key, not coming into forums and asking questions about `best tweaks`.

They are all purely subjective.

Usually, you have to find your balance within the magic triangle:

blurries

|           |

|                       |

low fps ------------- stutters

FFTF values as low as 0.01 just tend to shift you to the top of the triangle but give good fps. If you want to fight blurries and get good fps at the same time, you can achieve this by releasing the framerate counter to unlimted - usually at the expense of incurring fluctuations and stutters. And so on. This mostly refers to demanding areas, of course.

If one would find a way to eliminiate all the three at the same time even in hard areas he would be granted the Noble Prize of flight simulation.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Its very simple really.

Default is .33

This gives .33 of every second to loading textures. 

I only use Global and on my PC with P3D on a super fast SSD it does not need .33 to load global/vector (lots of things turned of within vector), i get perfect texture loading with .01 But....

If i use OLC or a Orbx region(I dont anymore but when i did) .01 = blurries, They need more CPU time to load, simple as that, photo real = test.

It's doing to be different for everyone depending on your set up. There is no wrong or right, it's a suck it and see thing. 

So if you get  blurries you need more CPU time and can delete the line to go back to .33.

I would suggest if your only using global try .01, if regions or OLC or other texture start at .1 or .15 then .2 to .25 see what works on your PC. If .25 does not work don't use the tweak.

Find what works for you is the bottom line and you alone nobody else.

With my set up and what I use .01 works great and I get the best FPS I can, I have mine locked @30 and it stays there even at Aerosoft EGLL,MT6@20% with PMDG 777. Happy days. OLC was not worth the FPS hit and slower texture loading that comes with it. Everyone is different and everyone's setting will reflect that. Like all tweaks try them yourself and add one at a time and see if they work for you. Dont use any if you see no gain yourself.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Thanks David. I had forgotten the actual purpose of the "tweak". Thus I should mention that I also run P3D on an SSD with a .01 setting. That value MAY be a best for SSD users to try first. I never experimented. I just enjoyed the maybe 20% boost in performance.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA