Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Thinking of getting a tube liner and want to share cockpit if possible.

I am looking at some airliners and think the Aerosoft Airbus or the Dash 8 pro (when available) would be perfect for this adventure. The main reason I want  to share a cockpit is to learn because I am really concerned about my ability to grasp in air computer functions and operations. If I have someone there with me I will learn much faster than I would reading a manual.

I guess what I am saying or asking is this; would anyone be willing to share a flight or two and help me with the operations and procedures?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Shared Cockpit / Connected Flight Deck is the VERY BEST way to learn, but it's no substitute for the manuals. You might want to at least have read the manuals through and go through the tutorials (provided by the developers) before engaging in such a flight, otherwise the learning curve will be far too great.

I'd strongly recommend the Aerosoft Airbus.  The Dash 8 Pro is a fantastic aircraft (I've been flying her for several years), but won't be available for some time.  The Aerosoft Airbus is a terrific place to start.

When you're ready for Shared Cockpit (after reading the manuals and going through the tutorials), I'd recommend finding a group.  You should read the OVPA Shared Cockpit Guides pinned to the Forum prior to ever looking to fly shared cockpit, and take the computer security very seriously.

I truly hope this has helped!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks but I do not learn from reading so I guess I will have to find a local friend that might help. 

It is too bad about the Majestic Dash 8 Pro, after two years with a working model they still do not want to release it to the public.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Looks like they are getting closer. Aparently they just released a new beta to the testers. Here's hoping they can squash any remaining bugs and have a release sometime this year :/

It is between the Airbus and the 400. I am leaning toward the 400 as I am not sure I want long flights that on for hours. Also I heard the vas is less with the 400. 

If anyone could comment on vas usage for the Airbus and 400 and what you think of each one it would help my decision. 

Thanks,

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I've flown the Pro 400 for over 2 years and the Airbus for some time as well. It is highly unlikely that the Pro q400 will be out anytime soon. I can also tell you that I've never had anything close to a memory problem with the Aerosoft Airbus. Also, the A318, A319, A320 and A321 are often flown as Regional airliners.

Hope this helps.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Thanks for  you reply and do you think the 400 is equal to the airbus in negative VAS problems?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

I have never done a side by side on memory usage, but have never had any VAS issues with either. See my system specs.

Dave Hodges

Thanks, I think I will be fine with either one then,,,or maybe both.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Warbirds,

How did things work out for you?

Dave Hodges

Still on the fence,,,mostly waiting to see if pro version comes out soon.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Got the amazing Airbus bundle and learning to fly it. I am at the point where I would like to try a shared cockpit in the Bus. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Hey Paul.

Thought I'd pass some helpful info your way.

There is a Shared Cockpit Guide pinned to the stop of this forum which will help you in creating a more secure connection for shared cockpit flights.

Hope you find this helpful.

Happy flights.

Dave Hodges

Nice guide but it scared me out of any thoughts about sharing a cockpit.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

LOL. That's a natural reaction, and initially a healthy one. However if you take a step back, and take another look at the guide, you'll see that you can use this incredible feature safely using just some good Ole common sense.

I'll be rewriting the guide soon, but the base info won't change. 

I'll probably get in a little trouble for saying this, but if you're an experience commercial flight simmer and VATSIM pilot, go to the OVPA website and make a few flights with those guys and they may bring you in to fly shared cockpit (CFD).

Dave Hodges