Sign in to follow this  
AIRIFR

P3D won't see my nvidia

Hi guys,

I just recently got P3D 2.4 and on first launch I got this message saying your card is only dx10 etc...

The message was related to my dx10 integrated intel !! But I also have a dx11 nvidia card, left out by p3d :((.

I did a test flight and got 1-2fps all the way!

Then closed p3d then opened nvidia control panel and set p3d.exe to run with high performance nvidia...then re test flight and same 1-2fps.

It looks like p3d still won't use my dx11 card even after I did the nvcp stuff..

I'm new to p3d so I might miss something or forgot to do ?

Any help to get me started appreciated! ;)

Thanks

It would be helpful if either your profile or your prose mentioned what kind of graphics card you have… Without knowing that no one can help you.

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2

It would be helpful if either your profile or your prose mentioned what kind of graphics card you have…

Ok, I have integrated dx10 intel hd graphics and dedicated dx11 nvidia gt635..

I hope this help,

Regards

The 635 is marginal, it should work but you MUST disable the onboard video in the BIOS. What mobo and bios are you running?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

The 635 is marginal, it should work but you MUST disable the onboard video in the BIOS. What mobo and bios are you running?Vic

I'm not sure what mobo it's an ASUS laptop and I updated to latest bios, but if I recall I haven't seen any graphic disable option in the bios but need to confirm, I'll check again tomorrow and let you know.

I have an ASUS Laptop and P3D recognises the Nvidia card just fine.  Did you make sure your settings in the Nvidia Controller were set to the P3D.exe file ?

I have an ASUS Laptop and P3D recognises the Nvidia card just fine.  Did you make sure your settings in the Nvidia Controller were set to the P3D.exe file ?

Yes I did if you ready initial post? ;)

And yes in p3d graphic settings, after doing the nvcp thing, p3d lists my nvidia but it looks the sim still uses integrated intel, I read that somewhere that Optimus is to blame..

What fps do you get with your Asus laptop? Do you have integrated also I guess?

I'm not sure what mobo it's an ASUS laptop and I updated to latest bios, but if I recall I haven't seen any graphic disable option in the bios but need to confirm, I'll check again tomorrow and let you know.

I did check the bios and I confirm I can't see anything to disable integrated :(, and when in windows device manager I disabled the integrated from there and you guessed...screen went pitch black! Had remove battery to turn off computer then restart in safe mode to enable it again. That shows that computer is using mainly the integrated for obvious reasons..