Sign in to follow this  
NG_Aviator

J41 in P3D

Since switching to P3D last year, I'm really missing the J41. Might we see it supported soon?

- Stephen Sandwell

NG_Aviator

I ask for it every chance I get but their hands are full with the 747v2 and XPlane DC-6.  It won't be soon but maybe they'll touch the JS41 in a year or two... I hope so.

Dan Downs KCRP

Also as I and several others have discovered just having the Estonia Migration Tool installed on your computer can cause problems with the Prepar3d version PMDG NGX.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

Not currently supported in P3D.

Please do not post about ways to get it to work in P3D. The product is not licensed for that use.

Kyle Rodgers

Too bad the J41 always has to take the back seat. Best aircraft to date from PMDG even with some of the bugs.

In many respects it was brave of PMDG to do it, the community is not very receptive to turboprops in general and even less receptive to uncommon aircraft types. I'm guessing it didn't sell that well (relative to their other products), hence it taking a back seat.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

It's the best of both worlds. 1) Has good navigation with AP and 2) Can get into those small very scenic airfields. Personally I would settle and pay for just a P3D installer with little change to the current FSX version. I've tried other regional payware aircraft in P3D and they just don't cut the immersion the J41 has.

Oh I completely agree, it's my favourite FSX aircraft! It just needs a couple of fixes (I've read the IAS hold doesn't work in P3D) and an installer for P3D.

Whilst I'm not au fait with PMDG's licensing agreement with the manufacturers, I would hope that the price increase for P3D J41 is minimal compared to their Boeing products.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I'm still waiting for the FSX SE installer to be released, hopefully not too long now?

Cheers,

Hello

Just would like to know if JS41 for P3D is not going to happend?

Thanks for your reply

Pascal

si.php?id=1

Hello

Just would like to know if JS41 for P3D is not going to happend?

Thanks for your reply

Pascal

Not anytime soon I assume, their hands are full with the 747v2 and DC-6. And this aircraft is rather uncommon as well, so expect a prepar3d release in no less than 3 years....

I know it's a great aircraft. I haven't flown it much, I just bought it to complete my PMDG collection. But with the few flights I have done with it, I have liked every single moment in that aircraft.

If you are looking for a good turboprop, you should look at the Q400 by Majestic. I do not own it, but it seems pretty nice.

Mihkel Kiil