Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Airline2Sim coming out with some new videos.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Count me in for purchase.  Only criticism I have of the Dash series was the pilots tended to speak over each other making it difficult to understand sometimes.  They also had a tendency to speak very fast which required I pause and back up the video many times.

The content was top notch and I'd really enjoy more for Airbus, and the 7's.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers, Rob.

Count me in for purchase.  Only criticism I have of the Dash series was the pilots tended to speak over each other making it difficult to understand sometimes.  They also had a tendency to speak very fast which required I pause and back up the video many times.

The content was top notch and I'd really enjoy more for Airbus, and the 7's.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers, Rob.

I totally agree and posted that on their Facebook page. I was a Trainer for years, and if I had talked that fast, my students would have rioted. All that being said, I keep watching those videos because they are crammed with good info. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Hi guys, (will reply to your email tomorrow btw Rob  :P ) appreciate the feedback.

What I've probably never really told is the backstory to it all and how the Dash course was done under rather stressful circumstances after we had disaster upon disaster trying to get the filming done. Stuff didn't work, the hardware let us down, the sound let us down, AI taxied into us, Ezdok conked out, we forgot to record an entire line flight and I completely ballsed up the first landing in Birmingham.

Our trainer Josh had already spent several days with us at this point, having travelled from the other side of the UK to do the filming. After some frantic rearrangement, we managed to squeeze in another day between his flying roster and the whole of the line flying portion from the Isle of Man to the shutdown at Gatwick was completed in a single day which began at 5am and ended at midnight. We both knew that if we didn't get it in the can that day then the whole project was likely to end up on the scrapheap under the 'too hard' category. Thankfully it went off without a hitch but the underlying tension from the day (we'd already invested many £££ at this point) and the overwhelming desire to get it done led to us speaking a bit too fast and as you point out, talking over one another at times. The problem with the Q400 in particular is that it's an aircraft with an incredibly high workload that flies short, very busy sectors and there's simply no choice but to speak fast. Add in the fact that I was essentially single piloting along with film directing against the clock and you've got a recipe for gibbering somewhat.

We've taken on board this for our subsequent films and I can happily report that the 777 is a much easier day out. Everything happens a bit slower, it's not constantly trying to kill you like the Dash 8 (ALT SEL, anyone?) and our whole workflow for committing this stuff to disk has been totally overhauled. Our success with the Q400 course has enabled us to hire a new team on the day to look after filming and recording to free me up to fly and interact with the real pilot. I think you'll see the fruits of this in the 777 course along with subtitles in English and German. Although we have just locked in a date to finish off recording the Q400 First Officer course which includes a detailed tutorial on the circle to land approach at Chambery in the French Alps. Cue more gibbering.... :P  

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

Ben,

Don't beat yourself up too much... Even though it sounds like it was a hard project, I would never have known about the challenges you'd faced given the professional product you delivered. The output was top notch and has made my Q400 experience so, so, so much more enjoyable. You have a customer for life with me.

Cheers,

Billy

WW1294.png

Tons of good feedback on your product, guys.  I just purchased the Q400 and quickly realized that i'm not learning this one alone.  Grabbing the course now, really looking forward to it!

Tons of good feedback on your product, guys.  I just purchased the Q400 and quickly realized that i'm not learning this one alone.  Grabbing the course now, really looking forward to it!

Thanks. Any questions, holler. The Q4 is one of the hardest aircraft to master but very addictive once you've cracked it. 

The Q4 is one of the hardest aircraft to master but very addictive once you've cracked it.

That's no joke, as a real ppl with instrument rating, thought I could master it quick. Not so, way too much happening in that cockpit!

That's no joke, as a real ppl with instrument rating, thought I could master it quick. Not so, way too much happening in that cockpit!

Indeed and I think that does underscore the difficulties of us doing an authentic 'live' style training product that attempts to capture the sense of being a new pilot in a big machine that is at times frankly overwhelming you. The Q4 is in no way an aircraft to be trifled with. It can bite, big time.  

Indeed and I think that does underscore the difficulties of us doing an authentic 'live' style training product that attempts to capture the sense of being a new pilot in a big machine that is at times frankly overwhelming you.

Agreed. Thanks again, I held off on buying the q400 for a long time because I knew the learning curve was too steep for someone like me with little free time, problem solved!

Never heard of this product before but sounds very interesting!

Signed up to be notified when the Boeing product is released. What aircraft will be featured?

Richard Åsberg

Never heard of this product before but sounds very interesting!

Signed up to be notified when the Boeing product is released. What aircraft will be featured?

The plan for this year is the PMDG 777, taught by a guy from Emirates. Then next year hopefully the IXEG 737-300 from the X-Plane platform (looks like a real game changer on that side of the community) which also of course would be usable with the FSX/P3d Classic 737 from QW if it's with us by then and also the PMDG 747-400 V2 which will be taught by a cargo driver from GSS/BA. Obviously that's just the Boeing stuff, there's also more for the Q400 in the works, all flavours of the A320/30 and the upcoming CRJ.

We will be kept busy.

OK, sorry to hear there are no plans at this time for the 737NG line.

Richard Åsberg