Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

[19JUL15] The View from the Top.

Hellò,

i'm owning all PMDG product,wich way i have to follow to be added in beta testing for new 747/400 & 800?

Thank you

Regards

Fabio  

Fabio-

Our beta team is by invitation only.  We very rarely add new members to the beta team Because the guys we work with currently are very good, very dedicated, and apparently we treat them well enough that they choose to stay around...

On the rare occasion that we do add new members, we usually choose someone with whom we have developed a strong relationship with here in the forum.  That starts with user participation here, usually winds into us asking an individual to help us test something specific, and eventually moves on to induction to the beta team.

I hope that answers your question.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

There is nothing like a 875,000 LB takeoff on the 744.  Looooong roll and slow climb, just like a heavy should! I think most of my time will be in the -400F and -8F. Higher landing weights=faster approach speeds=more fun! Will be a day one purchase for me

~William Genovese~

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg         KAB200_sig3.jpg

Captains-

I have noted a few questions in the thread asking about some general product information.  I will paraphrase and answer here:

1) Is this a free update?  No.  This is an entirely new product built from the technology base that was developed for the NGX and 777.  Nothing from the old version is being used in the new version.

2) Is the 747-400F being made?:  Yes.  We are building the 747-400/F/ER/M/BCF and the 747-8/F  We may add to this list at our discretion.  Yes we still plan to make a 777-200ER and no I have no date/time/planning information on it, nor do I plan to have any until after these products are released. 

3) Which aircraft will be in the base package, and which will be expansions?:  Currently it is anticipated that the 747-400 will be the base package, with all three engine variants available to users.  This is subject to change- but it is unlikely that it will at this late stage.

4) My birthday is on <insert date here>.  Will I have it in time for my birthday?  If your birthday is the day after we release, yes.  Otherwise, no.  :ph34r:

5) Will the 747-400 and the 747-8 be in the same package?:  No, these will be two different products.  Currently we envision the 747-8 as an expansion package to the 747-400.  (As always- information subject to change- there are some variables here that we don't control so it is under review...)

6) My second cousin's neighbor's ex-girlfriend's brother's great uncle (twice removed) once sat next to a 747 pilot and as a result I know a great deal about this airplane.  Can I be on your beta team?:  No.  The uncle being twice removed puts you outside our policy criteria, sorry.

7) What will the price be?:  Hasn't been determined.  It will be in line with the 777, I expect.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Jesse-

We charge extra for those.  LOTS extra.  ;-) 

Seriously though- the sim was running for a while with the 777 engine model- and the 744 performs really well with 440,000lbs of thrust under wing.  The climb rates were obscene.   :lol:

Maybe with that kind of performance people will stop asking for the '57 :lol:

A BIT too early to tell right now.  We haven't bothered porting either airplane into (or Xplane... <giggle>) yet.

Definitely :ph34r:

6) My second cousin's neighbor's ex-girlfriend's brother's great uncle (twice removed) once sat next to a 747 pilot and as a result I know a great deal about this airplane.  Can I be on your beta team?:  No.  The uncle being twice removed puts you outside our policy criteria, sorry.

My family had a nice talk with a 747 pilot while waiting at KDEN. The year later she was one of the pilots on our flight from YSSY to KSFO.  Do I qualify as a ... (even if I wanted to, I don't use FSX, so wouldn't be a big help anyway)

Seriously though, she is beautiful and you have done magnificent work on her (like always). I can't wait to fly her once she's brought over to X-Plane. 

Really cool!

Can we pop up the FMC, PFD etc?

You can in the 777, so most probably also in the 747v2

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Great stuff Rob,  I have a soft spot for the Queen, it got me safely across the the worlds oceans many times.  

Good luck with the project, I hope this and the DC-6 sell well, and hope the 'rumors' of a DC-3 are true.   My granddad was a C-47 pilot so I also have a softspot for the Gooneybird like you.

Cheers

TJ

Ole-

Noooooooo!  Posts like yours are one of the reason I dread doing previews of in-development work.  We appreciate the sharp eyes- but I tried to make it really clear in this post that both products are in development, and sharp eyes will find areas that aren't yet finished...

So... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......   Work with me.  Work with me!  I know it is hard to tell given our previous track record- but we DO know what we are doing. 

(Really!  We do! ahahahha)

After all those years I should've known better...  :lol: I mean I already bought 6 Products from PMDG... I only want the 747 to be the Queen she deserves to be in Flightsim - that's why I pointed these small flaws out - but my gut feeling already told me: "Dude, they are PMDG - they won't miss these mistakes." - And my gut was right  :lol:

Thanks for clarifying though Robert - did I say I can't wait for release before? I can't wait for release!

What about a Pre order Function?

What would be the point of that?

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

Thank for the esaustive answer mr Randazzo,so i may only say keep working well as usual,i'm very ansious to fly this great Bird!!!!

Best Regards

Fabio

Just a small thing but is one of the config options for the headrests on the IPECO seats?

I know originally it was stated there would be BA-RR spec modeled so it'd be a shame to miss that off the VC.

Cheers,

Alex

Just a small thing but is one of the config options for the headrests on the IPECO seats?

I know originally it was stated there would be BA-RR spec modeled so it'd be a shame to miss that off the VC.

Cheers,

Alex

I am quite confident that it will be an option. IIRC RSR has stated somewhere in this forum, that there will be roughly 180 customizable options. Chances are that headrests are one of those.

EDIT: Quoting RSR: "Thus far we have all three engine variants and the 400 in the F, M, ER, BCF and plain old vanilla 400 variant, along with CRTs, LCDs, Standard standby instruments, EISD, GPS enabled or disabled, the old and new style of fuel scavenge, old and new style of apu fuel feed, and approximately 180 other options you can use to customize your airplane."

Regards,

Harm Swinkels