Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Skylake Core i7-6700K clocks to 5.2GHz on air cooling

Same thing was with Haswell and Devil's Canyon and we all know how it ended.

Lets hope this time will be different but I'm not counting on it really. My guess is around 4.7/4.8 on air MAX.

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I wonder if it being in Windows XP has any influence on reduced CPU instructions?

why dont they make a motherboard with two Intel socket and put i7 processors at 4.7GHZ and dual run them 

why dont they make a motherboard with two Intel socket and put i7 processors at 4.7GHZ and dual run them 

Uh, other than there is no mechanism to allow Core i7 CPUs to run in tandem, that's a great idea. If you want that, get a dual Xeon system. Unfortunately, the last Xeons that could be OCed were the ones that I have on my EVGA SR-2 mobo:

http://www.evga.com/articles/00537/

im actually surprised that ASUS hasnt came out with a motherboard that dual run Intel processors yet, guess technology hasnt got that advanced yet 

Dual CPUs? We already get 8 cores (full cpus) with the 5960 and can run Hyperthreading to get 16 virtual - what are you asking for?

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

32 cores via hyper-threading and dont have to worry about which core FSX,P3D or FSX:SE goes to

32 cores via hyper-threading and dont have to worry about which core FSX,P3D or FSX:SE goes to

You don't need to worry even now, they are always going to go to the first core that your AF mask allows for, nothing you can do about that.

If Dual CPU's are what you want there are plenty of Zeon boards out there, just grab a couple of Zeon's like the 12 core 2690, won't help you one bit with FSX/FSX-SE or P3D though unfortunately.