Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Trying to find a 3rd party sound file

I have an add onn called Sim Touch that  allows me to use a touch screen for a lot of the clickable switches in FSX aircraft.

I have 2 ear piercing sounds so loud they get the dogs barking in my street. One is an autopilot disconnect the other an altitude warning.

Unfortunately the devs wont point me to the files in question and Im very annoyed at that so here I am. There is no sound folder in the Sim touch folder and I cant find them in the FSX sound folder.

Where else could they be?

ZORAN

Assuming he/she is using wav files, you can always search for *.wav in your sim folder. Should come up with a lot of files but since you can sort them by folder, it's easy to see the ones being outside of the standard ones.

If this program uses 'compressed' sound achieves, it's more tricky if not impossible to alter them. But I saw that most addons go the easy route and use single sound files for certain events, like your autopilot disconnect. Might actually be the case that the file names used lead you directly to your target.

Thanks for that tip and will give it a try. The dev did get back to me and said to disable the file in the installation folder and the folder is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimTouchPlus2   But there are absolutely no sound files in there! this has been going on for nearly 2 months as the dev only returns emails every 3 weeks.

This is why good support is so valuable

ZORAN

the folder is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimTouchPlus2

Just guessing but is your folder view set to show all files? If the dev says the installer places them there, it should indeed offer something.

I go to tools , folder options and the show all folders boxed is ticked. Im starting to think that the DEV is not the one replying to my emails as this software isnt being updated anymore.

I will try your first suggestion, the files must be somewhere and the FSX folder must be it

this is the folder

simtouch_zpsodxgkclm.png

ZORAN

It is possible that the sound files are embedded as resources in one or other of the dll files.

If that is the case, it will not be an easy fix.

It is possible that the sound files are embedded as resources in one or other of the dll files.

If that is the case, it will not be an easy fix.

The message below is what the "dev" sent me . The person who is replying cant be the dev

I sent them a pic of the installation folder asking them whats going on but no reply so Im just gonna forget about it. Thanks for your help here at avsim guys, much appreciated !

You can try  go to the installation folder and Delete the sound files or rename them and hope the software does not crash.

ZORAN