I didn't see any references or testimonies as to how this helps with Flight Sim software, did I miss it?

I'm fairly sure such a program creates a RAM disk, though they may have found a way to make it a bit better.  I've not heard a peep about it being used with flight sim software.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Im pretty sure I read after its installed your supposed to find Orisha Beads. These are worn by all Voodoos to carry the protection and blessings of their favorite Orisha and chant a bit and the magic will happen :lol:

Here is PC aviators spin on it

Please read this detailed information carefully and absorb it. This will be the best performance enhancing software you will ever install on your PC.

We here at PC Aviator call this product the Holy Grail of PC performance enhancing software. We have used and tested many such utilities over the years and no other software product gives your system the performance increase that you have literally hoped would be possible for your PC. The performance increase is SIGNIFICANT and it's not so much that it speeds up your PC per se but what it does is bring out the TRUE performance capability of your PC by virtually completely eliminating the biggest bottleneck in your PC's performance and that is your hard drive bottleneck. It also gets rid of any sluggishness you might experience with flying your sims or any other such products that can be hampered by the hard drive bottleneck. It is especially powerful when it comes to using photo scenery such as MegaSceneryEarth that often accesses image data from your hard drive when flying. This reduces loading times and other hard drive activity while flying.

PrimoCache has our endorsement as the Holy Grail of software (along with a bit of hardware - some of which you most likely already have e.g. a flash drive), that will SIGNIFICANTLY improve the current performance you are experiencing with your PC.

In the flight simulator industry, it is exclusively available through PC Aviator

ZORAN

It appears that if this were true, then anyone with SSD's should be experiencing this "Holy Grail" as they are essentially a ram disk. I fear this is another snake oil product. If you are running a really slow HDD, you might see some loading times get better but I seriously doubt it would be any better than a fast SSD.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just my .02 cents and in my industry that I work in - if I hear holy grail, next best thing since slice bread etc - I run and my team runs away too.  The product could be great and all, but I don't like seeing those words when product is promoted.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

PC Aviator doesn't mention that if you go to the developers website and download you can use the software for 60 days free in a try before you buy.

Sean Green

I tried it! In the benchmarking software everything was like a 1000 times faster than my SSD's speeds. In P3D though everything stayed unchanged. Maybe I missed something.

Kinda sad to see the peddling going on from the PCAviator store. They should know better. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

hello

On the other side of this leaflet, they say that snake oil enhances PC performance too. Nobody has  turned the leaflet over yet...too bad!

Joke aside, Robert Ferraro's reputation is at stake on this. I wish he had published technical measurements to sustantiate his claims. Hopefully we will see them shortly.

The issue, as far as FSX/P3D goes is that the HDD is NOT the "bottleneck". If it were, all our problems would have been solved with the SSD. The massive loads on the CPU and GPU and how they communicate are the issue. I can see the program doing just fine in benches but other than possible smoothing out a stutter when the "disk" is accessed - it can't really provide any noticeable performance benefit.

Put another way, if anyone sees a LARGE improvement in FSX/P3D on their system after using this, I'd say you had something else wrong with your system.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

I have my operating system and FSX installed on a SSD, and MegaScenery Earth installed on an external usb 3 hard drive.  The system was from very good to excellent as it was.  I installed a second SSD and PrimoCache, thinking that MegaScenery might load faster if some of the external hard drive with the scenery was cached.  This hopeful thinking may have been a misconception on my part regarding the functions of PrimoCache.  When I have several states active in MegaScenery, I have the impression that the scenery does, in fact, load a bit faster, but there is so little difference that it could be just my imagination and wishful thinking at work.  I have seen essentially no improvement in FSX performance.

I bought the program and installed it on my laptop. I also bought a new 128 mb flash drive to use with it. The laptop has Windows 10 64 byt and I am trying to run P3D V2.5 on it. The hard drive on the laptop is a standard mechanical drive. The system has 4 gb of ram with a 1.2 gb speed on the cpu. The onboard graphics card is a built in Radeon. It is not the best choice to use for P3D, but I am on the road for several months and this is what I have. It does run P3D, but with low FPS even with the sliders left.

I am trying to understand how to set up Primocache v2 to use it just for P3D. The instructions talk about partitioning the flash drive. I tried doing that on an earlier flash drive and then the computer would no longer recognize the drive. The instructions seem to be geared for all kinds of uses except flightsim.  I am looking for someone who uses it to post some instructions and screen shots to show how to set it up.

Thanks.

Howard

Been using it here for several years.  I have also had FSX/P3D running on a dedicated SSD that long.  A large cache does not make a noticeable difference when running either sim...the ESP scenery engine in FSX/P3D does preemptive lookaheads and preloads scenery from disk, so scenery has already been loaded into memory when needed in most cases (exceptions being large turns and view panning).

Where it makes a huge difference is when you do repeated shutdowns and restarts of the sim, as I often do when testing software and/or software configurations.  With 16GB of RAM on the machine, I dedicate 8GB to the cache, and reloads of the sim are downright snappy even compared to loading from a 6Gb/s SATA III SSD.

So it's not a panacea, but it is a useful tool in some limited scenarios (but notably not during general use of an ESP-based flight sim).

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case