Sign in to follow this  
PaulGR

La Guardia to get a overhaul with help of Delta

Thank god. I flew into there in January during the snow season and there was WATER leaking INTO the airport through the ceiling. There were trash bins around the airport to collect the water.

Pilots hate that airport.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Pilots hate that airport.

Funny you should say that. Not long ago I was sitting down with an American Airlines MD-80 pilot talking about flying, and he mentioned that he hates flying in that airport, especially in bad weather.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Passengers hate that airport.

I have a feeling that with a $4.4B investments they will start love it very fast :)

Pawel Grochowski

8LRyGFr.png  

I was there a couple years ago on a connection. Didn't seem that bad to me, maybe just a little cramped, admittedly it was my only time at that airport. I was flying Delta though, and they seem to fix their own areas up nicely.

I fly through LaGuardia as well as JFK several times a year, and LGA is pretty terrible, but it is much more convenient assuming your flight leaves on time. Delta has been renovating their two terminals and done a great job, but the main terminal is in shambles held together with (literal) duct tape.

This is great news, however I'm only afraid of the impact such major construction with have on operations over the next few years.

Daniel M

i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 RAM, PNY RTX 3090, Custom Watercooling