Sign in to follow this  
aleksander90

Can you guys check if this is normal? Nvidia Inspector AA

Hi! I just got a new and bigger monitor (27") and started to notice that something was not right in FSX. The edges on objects are smooth as always, but the texture was jagged and pixelated. I notice it especially on thin lines (monitors in cockpit, fences, tarmac light poles etc.) I tried everything and even rolling back a little overclocking I had done on my GPU and CPU (not running hot at all). I thought maybe it was just that i had a much bigger monitor so i noticed it easier, but when i tested on my 17" gaming laptop aswell i saw it to, but have not noticed it before. I figured it might be a driver thing so i tried rolling back (to the best of my knowledge how to), but no luck. It is not to bad on a still image, but when i`m panning around its like the texure is moving. 
Any suggestions would be very helpful! 

LOcQVoZ.jpg

HfWu27V.jpg

Hi Aleksander

What do you usually use for supersampling? I find I get similar results to you unless I use sparse grid supersampling (SGSS). If I am using DX9 I use 2xSGSS and if I'm using DX10 then I use 4xSGSS. Perhaps try those and see if that improves the jagged lines.

Cheers

Stu.

Stuart Furley

I think this is called shimmering, and it is just part of displaying thin lines/edges on a monitor with finite resolution.

For DX9, I use  8XS AA and 2XSGSS.

Those settings are a compromise between visuals and performance that works for me..

Bert