Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

simconnect missing

Hi

I am not familar with Simconnect and would like some advice.  Recently I have had problems with FSX and I had to use the Avsim Guide to uninstall FSX and all associated addons, including Simconnect.  I am completely unaware of what Simconnect is for, how it came to be on my PC originally and even whether it is necessary for the smooth running of FSX.  I have now reinstalled FSX Gold Edition and some VFR Gen.X Photo' Scenery.  I have tried to launch my HiFi Active Sky weather package and got a message that Simconnect was not on my PC and indicated that I should install it, along with SP1/SP2. 

My query is what is Simconnect for, should I have Simconnect installed and if so, where do I get it from?  Also, how can I check if SP1/SP2 are on my setup?

Thanks.

Ray

where do I get it from?

The information at the following link will help you get the FSX SDK installed on your computer and Simconnect - http://fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=SDK_Installation_(FSX)

Also, how can I check if SP1/SP2 are on my setup?

FSX Gold Edition installs FSX, SP1, and Acceleration (SP2 is the same as Acceleration except it is the freeware version).

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Problems seem to be solved.  I've now installed FSX Acceleration and when I launch HiFi Active Sky, I don't now get the above message re Simconnect.  During the launching of Active Sky, one of the steps says: "Simconnect SP2 instantiated" , whatever that means.  I still don't see Simconnect in Programs & Features. But so what!

Thanks for the interest and help.

Ray

Problems seem to be solved.  I've now installed FSX Acceleration and when I launch HiFi Active Sky, I don't now get the above message re Simconnect.  During the launching of Active Sky, one of the steps says: "Simconnect SP2 instantiated" , whatever that means.  I still don't see Simconnect in Programs & Features. But so what!

Thanks for the interest and help.

Ray

Simconnect should show up in the add/remove programs if you manually installed them via the SDK directory.  I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth at this point, since everything is working, right?  Back to my cave I go.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit