Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

AI Traffic stopped

Hey!

Goor day!

I was building up my FS9 system under Windows 7, and all at a sudden, my AI traffic stopped. There is only a few AI aircraft that cintinue to move, but the far bigger part of the AI aicraft stand still in the airport.

I have a few thousend of AI aircraft in my system, almost all from MAIW and/or WOAI....

Is there a limit somewhere on the quantity of AI aircraft that are possible to work, or could it b that some settings must be modified.... The regular settings for AI are all OK since I statrted building up my FS9 system....

Jive1 - Belgium

Is your ai traffic slider is at 100% ?

Maybe you added ai aircraft and it has messed up the aircraft.cfg file of some ai. Try running ACA2005 v1.6 (available in the library) which can check your aircraft.cfg settings and flightplans.

Peter Schluter

Hey!

The traffic slider is at 100% indeed.

I downloaded the ACA2005 program and installed same. However, I do not understand how the program can detect where the  fault can be that caused a stop of traffic.

The porgram can detect errors, but it does not inform me, at least I don't see it, which error could be the origin of rhe traffic stop.
There are 448 aircraft installed, there are 5741 aircraft texture maps, and 5931 aircraft are used in flightplans. There are 31 flightplan files, etc. etc...

I can find errors...

I cannot see which of the flightplans does not work well, and which causes the traffic stop...

You should know that the traffic stop dates from a moment that all flightplans existed already, the stop did not happen by making a new flightplan or so....

I'm just not sure wether this ACA2005 can help me to find the origin of the traffic stop.

Jive1 - Belgium

ACA2005 is a program that can check your sim for numerous errors such as aircraft.cfg FLTSIM.X numbering errors; missing texture folders; and if aircraft are assigned to a flightplan but not present in your sim.

I just re-read you original post and realise that you still have AI aircraft, but they dont move.  Sounds like an AFCAD error

Peter Schluter

Hey!

In almost every airport where I go,  I see the AI aircraft standing still. But indeed, they are all there where they should be.

However, none of them moves, axcept possivly one, but not as many as usual.. When I look carefully on my map of  the Traffic Toolbox, I notice that at all airports the AI aircraft stand still, but in between the airports a few aircraft fly from one to another airport, very few! So, I don't say that there is no operation at all, but there is nearly no operation at the airports themselves....

Strange!

About the ACA2005 program, I can see that it can be very helpful, but probably not at the moment for detecting the present error....

Regards

Jive1 - Belgium

There are 31 flightplan files, etc. etc...

If I can ask a few questions. Are your flight plans in your scenery / world / scenery folder? Did you compile the flight plans or install 3rd party provided plans? Have you observed a airport where this occurs through all times of the day and for the entire week? Sometimes AI schedules may leave planes parked and only fly a route one day a week. Are the airports the stock airports or are they added AFCAD type airports? If the AFCAD(s) are not constructed properly with the parking spots correctly connected to the taxiways then the AI aircraft will just sit there until after their departure time then disappear.

but in between the airports a few aircraft fly from one to another airport, very few

The AI engine generates these when you start a flight and this is at I believe a forty mile radius of you position, so they were not on the virtual ground anywhere. Give us some details about the 31 flight plans you have installed and whether you are still using the default Traffic file.

Is there a limit somewhere on the quantity of AI aircraft that are possible to work

There were rumors that there is a limit however it seems nobody has ever reached it. I have just about every commercial airline flight plan installed along with the AI aircraft and paints and general aviation flight plans that cover the world and MAIW bases and aircraft. All with no problems.

Pilots are probably on strike

Grounded because of to much virtual partying!

Regards,

Mel

He sorted his problem which was his payware scenery was not activated properly following a re-install. 

A good point for future posters to note is that before questioning a problem, it is best to test the problem at all airports at various locations in the world.

Peter Schluter

Hey!

All the flightplans are in the scenery/world/scenery folder, and I compiled them all myself. I do this since many years so. I don't say that I cannot make mistakes.

I observed several US airports, KORD,KJFJ,KLAX,...also Brussels EBBR, and a few othet airports, and it is always similar situation, no movement through the whole day. But all the aircraft were there and stay still. I even also watched on different days of the week, and it is the same.

All this did not happen before, it's only sine a couple of days, a week or so. Unfortunately, I can't tell exactly when it started, I just have seen it the first time at a moment that I wanted to watch some traffic at KORD....

I'm using a PC with dual screen and the map of the MS Traffic Toolbox SDK is on the right screen whereas my FS9 is on the left screen, and so it is very easy to distinguish aircraft on the ground (=green on the map) and in the air (=red on the map), no discussion about that possible. From time to time I saw One or maybe two aircraft moving on the ground, but when I tipped it in order to get it in close up, it disappeared simply...

I elimated the default Traffic file, it's not realistic, and I have my own flightplans built up according to regions. I have in most countries of the world, if it is not too large and too busy in ai-traffic, one plan per one country, however one plan per area (5 areas) in the US, and I intend to do something similar for China and Russia, but presently I don't have too many flightplans of these latter countries, I'm still building it up. In one plan, there are as well military as civil aircraft, all from WOAI and/or MAIW.

I remember that one time in the past, because I'm doing those things since FS2004 came out, then I reached over 5000 aircraft in many, many AI flightplans, and I had over 1500 scenery folders. I got a message that I had too many '...' (don't remember the name of what the MS system said). I had to stop building up and tried to find solutions to be able to continue..., and at that moment however, when I was searchin for solutions, I had a crash, of which I never found what the origin has been. So I had to start all again from the beginning, and that was possible indeed, because I have a 1.5 TB hard disk where I keep all my originals.

Since that time I was trying to make the flightplans like I explained above, in order to have less flightplans and less scenery folders. Youi know I doing very well now, but it takes time and lots of word, when I put also various sceneries of a same area in one single scenery folder, just adding a airport code in front of each blg, so that later I can without troubles eliminate one airport again in case of some problems....

The problem I had with some payware airports is solved and I think it had no influence on my AI-traffic....

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

Thanks for the heads up Peter. I don't know where or how I missed that.

Jive1 I'm happy for you that you have things fixed.

Regards