Sign in to follow this  
DanielTdT

Does PMDG support payments in other currencies?

Hi, 

An interested UK customer here wondering whether it is possible to directly convert the payment into GBP in order to avoid the charge banks place on overseas transactions for the PMDG products?

Thanks, 

Daniel Thomas du Toit

An interested UK customer here wondering whether it is possible to directly convert the payment into GBP in order to avoid the charge banks place on overseas transactions for the PMDG products?

Welcome to the forum. Have you considered alternatives like PayPal? I know certain credit card companies waive fees for certain cards as well.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes, looked at Paypal but the bank still imposes a smaller, yet still noticable fee on top of Paypal's 3%, think I will just bite the bullet though. One other question: Do you ever have sales? I haven't seen one for PMDG for a long time! 

Thanks

Do you ever have sales?
No. I have never seen a sale in 5 years.

Do you ever have sales?

We don't do sales, no. Occasionally, we'll offer promotional pricing for products (like we did with the products initially released for P3D), but that is very, very rare.

Kyle Rodgers

Daniel,

If you use your credit card via paypal, you will get the additional fee.  If you hold a paypal account and pay using that account, you do not get the transaction fee.

As far as your bank is concerned, the issue is not that we are charging you in USD.  We could charge you in any currency on the planet- but you'd still get the fee because our processing is done at a US processor.  It is the banks' way of capitalizing on international trade just because they can.  Bunch of thieving bastages they are.

As for sales:  Tiffany, Rolls Royce and PMDG.  "Buy it at list because it will never go on sale." :lol:

Thanks for considering us- I promise the product will be worth the fee and the list price.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Kyle and Robert beat me to the punch.  I don't work for, nor am I a paid endorser but Paypal really is the way to go with transactions, especially ones overseas.  I do a lot of flight sim buys from web companies overseas (FSS is one major one) and even if I get charged a small fee it is worth it if anything bad should happen.  Look at it as an extra layer of protection to you, the consumer.

I'm kinda hoping that Robert and his team, when the new airliners are released, do what they did for the 777 and offer a promotional discount, just to save a few bucks. :)

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit