Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

Luvin me some Idealflight

This gem of an addon for P3D now is so cool - I tend to like to do flights from runway to runway and I can do that with IF flight planner

Planner has many options but I like this option and couldn't find any planners that actually does this - also saves out tons of route formats including the Dash 8-Q400 

IF does way more than flight planning but this feature alone for me is a huge time saver - thanks for looking

8w03zr.jpg

4sjngo.jpg

Rich Sennett

Nice Richard, thanks for sharing.

Welcome Buddy

Rich Sennett

Glad you are enjoying it Rich. I see you are using the computed approach there, which is more or less the route in, given by ATC. So we get the usual 30 degree turn onto final, that's to allow latency in the AP. Also check out on the Flight Gen -> Mission page -> Departures drop down, select the IDF, that's the initial departure fix, generally right down the centre of the runway a few miles out.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Glad you are enjoying it Rich. I see you are using the computed approach there, which is more or less the route in, given by ATC. So we get the usual 30 degree turn onto final, that's to allow latency in the AP. Also check out on the Flight Gen -> Mission page -> Departures drop down, select the IDF, that's the initial departure fix, generally right down the centre of the runway a few miles out.

Will do Steve so much to explore in IF - good times :)

Rich Sennett