Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Upgrade NV 680 GTX w/ Triple Monitors

Greetings, 

I recently started to experience FSX crashes with the A2A C182. It's been literally a couple of years since I attempted to update my NV GTX 680 drivers. I dread trying to update video card drivers with a Win 7/64 three monitor setup. When I upgrade I note the NV Surround setup is overridden and I cannot figure out the previous settings without using the System Restore feature and thereby returning to the old GTX 680 driver. 

Is there a way to update the card drivers without changing the settings? Is it better just to avoid driver updates. 

Many thanks / Les Parson

I have same issues Les,  unfortunatly every time I have had to reconfigure my Surround settings.  I just go into the configure options and write down all my settings before hand, including the bezel adjustments.  Its a real pain, and is what is currently making me hold off from installing Windows 10, as I believe that will install the latest NVidia Driver automatically  which is having problems with 3 screen set ups.!

Be interested in knowing if anyone on windows 10 and 3 monitors has taken the plunge and  can offer any tips

Cheers

Steve

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

I have 2 680 cards with 6 monitors,3 on each card,not running SLI.windows 7/64 , P3D .

In the past changing drivers was a pain as you mention of losing the settings.

The last couple times I have changed drivers using the Nvidia Experience method (automatic install) and the settings have retained.

I have maybe been lucky or maybe letting Nvidia do the install is how settings are kept. By the way I have never seen a great visual change from changing the driver,maybe my cards are too old to benefit.

Hi Zinny, I am on a driver from a few releases ago (sorry not at my Pc at present to confirm exact release ).  I do not use Geforce experience as I believe that will try and always install the latest driver?   So yes that could be why retains your settings.  NB  NVidia inspector setting also tend to get reset, so best to save them off somewhere first

Cheers

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Thanks for the feedback. Since FSX is a dated program and as I understand it, graphic cards focus on the latest gaming products, is it really that critical the drivers are updated? 

Thanks again.