Sign in to follow this  
hilly32

Auto-throttle after landing

Hi all

I've run through the tutorial a few times and I can't seem to find the specific instructions for how to taxi after landing. (Edit: To be fair the tutorial does say there would be more detail in Tutorial 2)

For ref: I have my A/T MANUAL OVERRIDE set to IN HOLD MODE ONLY.

I have seen posts where people complain they cannot use the throttles manually for taxiing. I have the same issue, but only after landing. The other posts seem to cover takeoff and landing and seem to talk about using a throttle quadrant and FSUIPC. I use FSUIPC but I don't have a throttle quadrant. I use F1-F4 for the throttle.

I am happily able to use the throttle manually to taxi to the runway and even set the 40% N1 before TOGA using the throttle with the A/Ts engaged. However, after landing I disable the A/P using the double click on the control column, but after I've rolled out onto the taxiway and slowed, if I try to increase throttle the A/T the levers return to idle.

So my question is, is this normal behavior and in reality I should be disabling the A/T after I roll out onto the taxiway or am I doing something wrong? Could I be encountering the same FSUIPC conditions that the other posts are experiencing?

Thanks for any guidance.

For ref: I have my A/T MANUAL OVERRIDE set to IN HOLD MODE ONLY.

This setting is really only meant for people with hardware throttles.

So my question is, is this normal behavior and in reality I should be disabling the A/T after I roll out onto the taxiway or am I doing something wrong? Could I be encountering the same FSUIPC conditions that the other posts are experiencing?

Turning off the FDs would probably help, as it would clear any active AP or Thrust modes. Since you're not using hardware throttles, just turn off the AT. That should definitely help. As it stands, though, there is somewhat of a disconnect because actual throttles aren't present.

Kyle Rodgers