Sign in to follow this  
bigryan62

WIndows 10 and P3d 2.4

SMH im fixing to rage I installed windows 10 fresh and clean. Went and installed p3d 2.4 and all went well. ITs in its own folder in the c drive. I load up in the default f16 and whatever airport it loads up in. It looks like this http://prntscr.com/7yq1im. It loads then freezes and then closes with no error in the event log. Do i need to get p3d 2.5? i tried everything out of option here.

Why 2.4 and not 2.5 when you clean-installed ?
I'ts the same amount of job and a newer and perhaps better version?

Looks like a driver error relating to the GPU, although it's odd it doesn't trigger an error message. 353.62 is the WHQL driver to use if you actually have an Nvidia card, and you need to provide system specs for problems like this.

The fun is going to be when Windows 10 decides you need a new video driver and installs it in the middle of the night without you knowing about it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

The fun is going to be when Windows 10 decides you need a new video driver and installs it in the middle of the night without you knowing about it. 

But we will, when in the next session we get an increase in FPS of 20, and AA finally works, and.... Whow!  There was an update!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

But we will, when in the next session we get an increase in FPS of 20, and AA finally works, and.... Whow!  There was an update!

Already reading complaints on Facebook about having to reinstall P3D,  the joystick disconnecting after 10 minutes with Windows 10 and P3D requiring a new registration, and crashes during P3D startup,  and this is only the first day  :rolleyes:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

There is a download tool available from Windows to prevent this. People raged when their drivers got auto updated, and Microsoft actually listened.

Already reading complaints on Facebook about the joystick disconnecting after 10 minutes with Windows 10 and P3D requiring a new registration, and crashes during P3D startup,  and this is only the first day

Wow. Been using win 10 for three weeks and it actually FIXED my disappearing joystick that win 8.1 broke. I've had absolutely no problems with p3d 2.5 and win10, except that stupid driver push.

There is a download tool available from Windows to prevent this. People raged when their drivers got auto updated, and Microsoft actually listened.

Wow. Been using win 10 for three weeks and it actually FIXED my disappearing joystick that win 8.1 broke. I've had absolutely no problems with p3d 2.5 and win10, except that stupid driver push.

If you were using it for the last three weeks you were most likely using a beta. 

If you were using it for the last three weeks you were most likely using a beta

I was absolutely using a beta. Build 10240 was the pre release rtm build, so "theoretically" :) all should be the same as full rtm. When new Beta builds were installed I had no license problems, hope I still don't!

You can disable driver updates from System properties

jzvhjm.png

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Anyone having reports of performance vs w7 or 8.1?

Thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I've been on windows 10 and P3D for a few months now. Some driver glitches at first but now with the latest nvidia update. SLI is working as it should finally and my frame rate has almost doubled.