Sign in to follow this  
louisdecoolste

And another UK plane crash, Spitfire this time

No fatalities, fortunately.

Nevertheless..I'm not flying until Mars has moved out of its sign of debilitation ;-) .

"Don't go around tonight,
Well it's bound to take your life,
There's a bad moon on the rise".

Well, it is interesting to note that the U.S. is not alone with the number of complete idiots who post inane and ridiculous comments to tabloid articles... :LMAO:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, it is interesting to note that the U.S. is not alone with the number of complete idiots who post inane and ridiculous comments to tabloid articles...

Yes and my favourites' being.....

"Scotland Yard said that no-one else was on board when the single seater plane crash landed" (quote).

"I flew and crashed a Spitfire in a computer game. Am I a cyber hero?"

"it is interesting to note that the U.S. is not alone with the number of complete idiots who post inane and ridiculous comments to tabloid articles...".

:P

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3182325/Spitfire-crashes-Biggin-Hill-Airport-losing-power-taking-off.html#ixzz3hkN2et00

I saw the 3 Gnats at the RNAS Culdrose air display only last Thursday.  The group that operates them was saying that they hoped to add a single seat fighter Gnat to the team next summer.

All was well then thank goodness.  Condolences to the family and friends of the pilot who crashed at Oulton Park.

ngxu_banner.png

Well, it is interesting to note that the U.S. is not alone with the number of complete idiots who post inane and ridiculous comments to tabloid articles... :LMAO:

Well, this IS surposed to be a 'fun' hobby.

Whilst we should appreciate the sadness after the crash, we should be allowed some tongue in cheek & a few light hearted comments on occasion. :p0503:

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Whilst we should appreciate the sadness after the crash, we should be allowed some tongue in cheek & a few light hearted comments on occasion.

Yes, but only if you apply to Avsim beforehand for special permission  :lol:

Talking of light hearted fun.......

http://aviationhumor.net/dreams-vs-reality/

Maybe I'm missing a joke here, but how was this a textbook crash landing causing little damage? There's a wing sticking straight up, a bunch of trees and a hurt pilot. How is any of that by any textbook?