Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Just upgraded to Win10 to try it out and overall I think it works just great but I have one issue with my Saitek Throttle Quadrant.

First it wasn't recognized at all in the sim (P3Dv2.5) nor in FSUIPC. I then found a driver called Saitek_Pro_Flight_Quad_SD6_00000040_64_Drivers_pfw which unfortunately was for Win 8.1 IIRC...couldn't find a Win10 driver.

Installing this driver package solved the issue and the throttle was recognized just fine again looking in FSUIPC. However as soon as I restart my computer it won't work again and I have to reinstall the driver package to get it working...most annoying!

Anyone else seen this and has a cure for it?

Richard Åsberg

I'm not using P3d. My saitek throttle Quads work but the buttons on them are not. I have the paid version of FSUIPC.

I'm using Saitek tq, yoke and rudder in fsx and p3d and everything works. I'm using fsuipc with a clean install

Post #6 - uninstall all saitek drivers - spad works perfect in windows 10

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/472506-win-10-saitek-trim-wheel-crashes-system/?hl=%2Bspad#entry3276660

Cool, I'll give that a try.

Saitek has announced on Twitter that they're aware of the issues and will have a fix soon:

https://twitter.com/SaitekSim/status/626892875029192705

Sounds good but seems a bit late to make sure their products work with Windows 10 now that it's already released :wink:

I'm using Saitek tq, yoke and rudder in fsx and p3d and everything works. I'm using fsuipc with a clean install

And what drivers are you using?

Richard Åsberg

Cool, I'll give that a try.

Sounds good but seems a bit late to make sure their products work with Windows 10 now that it's already released :wink:

And what drivers are you using?

not using any special drivers. All my controllers were automatically installed with Windows

not using any special drivers. All my controllers were automatically installed with Windows

That's how I had it in Win7.

I think I'll do a clean install of Win10 and see what happens and if the TQ doesn't work without installing any drivers I'll try the drivers Richard suggested.

Richard Åsberg

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/472506-win-10-saitek-trim-wheel-crashes-system/?hl=%2Bspad#entry3276660

You give this advice but do you know that the software there is not an actual driver?

spad only starts if it finds a saitek panel. It did not work for me.

I try to run the program and it says "panel not found"

spad is not for yoke, throttles and pedals. It is specifically for the panels.

What's also strange with the driver package I installed is I can't find a trace of it after the installation (and despite the TQ working as long as I don't restart the computer). Not under Device Manager, not under the Start menu and not under Control Panel programs and features.

Richard Åsberg

spad is not for yoke, throttles and pedals. It is specifically for the panels.

P3D and windows handles those no need for any saitek drivers - I have none installed and the thousands of other people who dont

You may have to try this - in windows 10 I could not get my lights working on multi-panels - this may be part of your problem still windows should see controllers - no drivers needed - check connections also - after you run the utility reboot immediately as your system will be acting funny  

http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

Rich Sennett

Richard. I am using only Spad and do not have any Saitek drivers on my Windows 10 system. All works fine after I ran the .exe fix to advanced power management.  However, I have a severe problem after I fly FSX.  I have the Saitek Pro Cessna yoke and the Multipanel. My system is not dedicated solely to FSX or flight simming. When I am done flying in FSX, quit FSX, and return to my desktop, when I unplug either of the above mentioned Saitek devices to move them out of my way, my mouse goes bye bye.  The pointer moves around freely, but the scroll wheel and buttons do not perform at all.  After a number of attempts with clicking the  mouse buttons each additional click causes an audible ding, likely meaning a buffer has been filled to capacity. The keyboard works and via the Windows key I am able to navigate the Start menu using the keyboard. When I choose to shut down or restart, the system begins that action but never finishes. I have to eventually power down by holding the CPU power button. 

I do not have that issue with my other USB devices, such as if I connect my automotive Garmin, iPad, or my Wacoom graphics editing tablet.  Spad is not an issue as the problem occurs even if I have rebooted and not run Spad during a session.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Richard. I am using only Spad and do not have any Saitek drivers on my Windows 10 system. All works fine after I ran the .exe fix to advanced power management.  However, I have a severe problem after I fly FSX.  I have the Saitek Pro Cessna yoke and the Multipanel. My system is not

Not sure you will have to dig around but what I do is just move an item out of the way but dont unplug it - I know thats not ideal but maybe thats why I dont see the issue could be anything - thinking your motherboard drivers may need some updating especially if they have windows 10 drivers start there thats what I would do

Rich Sennett

Not sure you will have to dig around but what I do is just move an item out of the way but dont unplug it

Not a good option for my office environment. In my preflight I routinely reboot before flying FSX, so now part of my post flight routine will be to reboot, and while dark disconnect the devices. I did find a good tip tonight to considerably speed up the Windows 10 reboot. 

I have to say.  I used to start every flight cold and dark. But over the past two or three years with a fresh reboot, initializing flight controls, starting and loading weather engines, starting and connecting an iPad app, selecting and deselecting hi res scenery in context with my flight, and then waiting for the scenery and related textures to load.....  I may need to stop the cold and dark habit! Especially with the loss of tool tips due to the need to use DX10 preview under Windows 10. LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Check for motherboard drivers for win 10 also dont unplug them when the system is running - shut it down then do it you should be fine if you do that and same thing for plugging them back in do it before you start your system

Rich Sennett