Sign in to follow this  
yurinedisov

FSL Spotlights - anyone tried them yet?

I see that FSLabs have released their FSL Spotlights product as a try-before-you-buy... has anyone tried it yet? It looks promising... (I am waiting for their A320-X as well).

They posted some screenshots to Facebook, it looks absolutely incredible personally.

FS2004 Forever

I created an account and downloaded the beta.  I'll give it a try as it looks like a useful tool for aircraft without adequate vc lighting.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I bought this addon, it's a brilliant tool for addons without proper vc lighting B)

Mikael Leinonen

Do they use FX files or is this some custom 3d model that is added to an aircraft?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I bought this as well - it's amazing! It also works for any aircraft (even if they have vc lighting already). It seems the lights are not textures but they use some new technique with true 3d lights - no FX added or custom models... and the best part? no FPS drop either for me!

Seems some of their beta testers have created initialization files for various add-on aircraft already! (PDMG NGX etc) - they're in the FSL Spotlights forum...

I was a beta tester for a long time, and I must say that it is remarkable. Here are some previews of the various cockpit configurations I created. 

2015-03-18_00002.jpg

2015-03-18_00001.jpg

2015-03-18_00003.jpg

2015-03-18_00006.jpg

2015-03-18_00005.jpg

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

Just got it today and I'll do a little video run through over the next couple of days so you can see. I personally haven't really got the patience to fiddle around with all the creation tools myself but as said there are some pretty decent templates already knocking around if you just want to plug and play. Seemingly no frame rate loss either.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com 

I see. Thanks for answering my question. I just read on FSLabs website about this and it indicates than you can purchase a license thru the program with no mention of price hence my question.

MrxcluW.jpg

Nice little distraction from the A32X

David Porrett

I tried this produced out today in the PMDG NG, the night lighting in that aircraft is not good, the textures have a cross hatch grain over them.

FSLSpotlights is breath taking, I sat looking at the screen and said out loud.....WoW! 

No FPS hit at all and you can make it just how you like.

At night the PMDG NG VC looks a lot better than even in P3D. A hell of a lot better.

There is one big down side at the moment it's fsx only. But am truly thinking of doing night flights in FSX as its that good. Yes it really is.

Have a look if you still have FSX installed, the trail only works at Athens airport. Have a good play and ask FSL to get the P3D version out asap. It would be a must buy for me.

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

That IS impressive.  Too bad no P3D support yet.  Thanks for the tip though!

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit