Sign in to follow this  
Raufvogel

Parking breaks will not go out

Hello, I'm in FSX-SE ATC and I come to the runway press CTRL-DOT BreakesON.png to turn Parking Breakes.

ScreenHunter_426Aug.0212.36.png

If I had ATC permission to leave I press DOT and P.Breakes goes BreaksOFF.png OFF

But Parking Breakes bottom of the screen ScreenHunter_426Aug.0212.36.png  remains on, and I can not move?

Also after repeating pushing on DOT Parking Breakes will not go out...

Can i do something in FSUIPC with this case?

Can anyone help me please?

Regards, Jaap Mooijer

Thought it  was  the  classic   case of  the chocks  still in place?  than I re read your post  and  found  that you already  had taxied  to the rwy.   Other  than  this   maybe  some  one  else   can give you a clue 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Some keyboards will send a false signal to Windows that the Ctrl key is stuck when in fact it is not. The parking brake will not release even though it only involves the press of dot. I had to switch keyboards from a Logitech K340 to a HP KG-0851. That solved the problem. Don't try to mess with the Ctrl key to unstick because it is not stuck. It is only sending a signal to Windows that is.

Hello Pete, before i will start with VATSIM i'm trying it first with ATC, i need experience, but still it should be working.

if you're in the ATC module Parking Breaks turn, you have to put it out anyway even there?

Jaap

Some keyboards will send a false signal to Windows that the Ctrl key is stuck when in fact it is not. The parking brake will not release even though it only involves the press of dot. I had to switch keyboards from a Logitech K340 to a HP KG-0851. That solved the problem. Don't try to mess with the Ctrl key to unstick because it is not stuck. It is only sending a signal to Windows that is.

Hello Michael, if i start "Parking Brakes On" at a other place in the begin, there is no problem with going out of Parking Brakes, only before the runway, and after asking permission for Approach on te runway? But i will try an other keybord of cource, i must ask some where...

Hello Michael, if i start "Parking Brakes On" at a other place in the begin, there is no problem with going out of Parking Brakes, only before the runway, and after asking permission for Approach on te runway?

Are you saying that you load the aircraft at the gate with the parking brake on using a custom panel state? The brakes should release because you have not used the Ctrl key to set them. You taxi to the runway and apply the parking brakes by pressing Ctrl dot. They are set but will not release when ready to takeoff. That is because you used the Ctrl key in setting the brakes. At the gate you had no problem because they were already set and you did not need to press Ctrl dot.

Look down at the parking break lever and see if it is moving when you do your keystrokes.... find one that works. Make sure chocks are removed.

Dan Downs KCRP

At the gate you had no problem because they were already set and you did not need to press Ctrl dot

It is right that i have tested the Parking Brakes at the Gate, everything is working fine, ON or OUT, many times there, but only nearly the departure runway, the DOT button does not relieve the Parking Break after TAKE OFF permission?

Look down at the parking break lever and see if it is moving when you do your keystrokes.... find one that works. Make sure chocks are removed.

Hello Dan, at the Gate, and after CTRL-DOT i can see the Parking Break handle is moving up, and after pushing the DOT button, the handle is going down.

What is the meaning of a chock pls?

I used to have this problem. I used to simply close FSX start it again and the problem was solved. I know it may sound annoying but at least for me was the only solution.

A chock is a device placed on the ground next to the tire to keep it from rolling.

The PMDG 777 and NGX both simulate the placement of chocks by using the parking brake in FSX/P3D. If the chocks are set, the parking brake message may appear even if the lever is not in the on position.

Please read the Introduction document, which covers this an a lot of importing information.

Dan Downs KCRP

At the gate you had no problem because they were already set and you did not need to press Ctrl dot

It is right that i have tested the Parking Breakes at the Gate, everything is working fine many times, but only nearly the departure runway, the DOT button does not relieve the Parking Break

Please read the Introduction document, which covers this an a lot of importing information.

Thank you Dan, i understand it now. I will find this issue, and read it surely :-)

I also have a button for parking breakes assigned in FSUIPC.

I will report how everything runs...

Regards, Jaap Mooijer

It is right that i have tested the Parking Breakes at the Gate, everything is working fine many times

Are you saying the panel state that you use at the gate does not have the parking brake applied but that you have applied and released the parking brake at the gate? If this is the case, then it is not the keyboard. Maybe something is incorrect is FSUIPC parts of which are above my pay grade. Good luck and I hope you find the problem.

I'm with Michael on this.... FSUIPC is a good tool for specific reasons but if you don't need it don't use it.  Use the native sim axis and key assignments if they will work for you. Keep it simple.

Dan Downs KCRP