Sign in to follow this  
boeingaviation

FSX Stuck on removing applications

Hi folks,

Been a while since I posted here but I need your help.

I upgraded my pc a month ago and have had many problems trying to install Windows updates successfully as I had a old 2009 windows 7 pro disk which doesn't include service pack 1, and for the past 5 reinstalls of windows 7 I have been trying to install all the updates back from 2009 to when service pack 1 was released which hadn't been working very successfully.

So after speaking to a friend today he said you should always install the service pack straight away after installing windows 7 which I did tonight & then managed to get all the following 200 updates installed fine.

Now beforehand I didn't uninstall fsx from add remove programs I just formated my windows drive during the windows 7 reinstall process and then once windows was installed formated the HDD that fsx was on.

Now the last few times when I have put the FSX disk into the drive and selected install it gets stuck at "removing applications" for 10mins then starts installing & its the same when I install the acceleration pack it gets stuck ok "updating component registration" for 10mins then continues the install.

Now I was reading that you should uninstall via add/remove programs which I will try (as I've just installed it) then run a Microsoft install/uninstall fixit tool to repair the registry.

If I do this and try to reinstall it shouldnt have any problems correct?

Thanks.