Sign in to follow this  
mikebravo07

Trim and reversers problems.

Hi, I have a x64-based PC with Window7 Home Premium OS, Intel i7-4770 cpu,3.5 Ghz, 4 cores,8 Logical Processors, Asus MoB, GeForceGTX780,16.0 GB Ram.. So should not be part of the problem. If I fly the T7 fully manual i.e. with FD and A/T disengaged, I am not able to use my trim wheel to trim the bird. If I transfer the trim control to a yoke button, sometime I have control, sometime not. Since I have a sticky yoke (anyone have a solution for that), having to  fight the pitch on landing makes things a bit frustrating. Would sure welcome a good suggestion for this problem.

As for the reversers, the effect of applying reverse thrust on landing is always felt but when I look at the aircraft on replay, I do not see the reversers opening up. Not an important problem since the effect of reversing is nevertheless there, but still...

Also in passing, applying the brakes is slowing the T7 extremely rapidely, I suspect not at all representative of reality. Any suggestions.

Mikebravo07

The pitch control is a switch and it should be on/off nose up, nose dn, etc.  If that is intermittent then it must be time to replace the control. Maybe a can of compressed air to blow cat hair out of the moving parts?  Exercise the control and see if is is changing the pitch trim dial smoothly or intermittently.  Try the default keys, Num 1 & 7, to see how the pitch movement should look like.

As for braking... manually applying the brakes might be maximum braking effort depending on your controller. In that case then yes, she slows rapidly. You are using autobrake on landing, right? Autobrake 2 is the common setting for most cases.

Full names in the PMDG forums please. There are so forum rules and guidelines pinned around here someplace.  You can set up a signature in your settings to do it automatically.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I have a x64-based PC with Window7 Home Premium OS, Intel i7-4770 cpu,3.5 Ghz, 4 cores,8 Logical Processors, Asus MoB, GeForceGTX780,16.0 GB Ram.. So should not be part of the problem. If I fly the T7 fully manual i.e. with FD and A/T disengaged, I am not able to use my trim wheel to trim the bird. If I transfer the trim control to a yoke button, sometime I have control, sometime not. Since I have a sticky yoke (anyone have a solution for that), having to  fight the pitch on landing makes things a bit frustrating. Would sure welcome a good suggestion for this problem.

What Dan said, above.

As for the reversers, the effect of applying reverse thrust on landing is always felt but when I look at the aircraft on replay, I do not see the reversers opening up. Not an important problem since the effect of reversing is nevertheless there, but still...

The 777 model is too complex for FSX to process some of the functions. Most replay programs will not capture them unless you're using an actual video capture and not a simple model mover.

lso in passing, applying the brakes is slowing the T7 extremely rapidely, I suspect not at all representative of reality. Any suggestions.

Mike (if I may call you that - as Dan mentioned, full names - first and last - in the forum please), we go to great lengths to ensure the aircraft are up to spec to the best degree that we can within the sim we are developing for. Aviation is full of things that, to a simmer, seem like they'd be one way, but are quite another. One of the bigger misconceptions is that larger aircraft are always more sluggish, have poorer power to weight ratios, and generally take longer to do just about everything. In fact, the 777's stopping power is about the same as a 737, pound for pound. Without breaking it down, it's an easy trap to fall into, but here's the breakdown if you're interested:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/450803-737-vs-777-landing-performance-question/#entry3070222

Kyle Rodgers

The 777 can only be trimmed nose down when the yoke is either in neutral or pushed forward.

It can not be trimmed nose down if your yoke sends a nose up signal.....even if it is just a really really tiny signal!

The 777 can only be trimmed nose up when the yoke is either in neutral or pulled aft.

It can not be trimmed nose up if your yoke sends a nose down signal.....even if it is just a really really tiny signal!

So when trimming does not work, display the FBW trim ref speed (FMC option) and see if it helps if you move the yoke a little in the same direction as the trim you are trying to apply.

If that works then you need to create a bigger nullzone for your yoke (I prefer to do this at the driver level in Win7 rather then in the FSX controller interface)

Rob Robson

The 777 can only be trimmed nose down when the yoke is either in neutral or pushed forward.
It can not be trimmed nose down if your yoke sends a nose up signal.....even if it is just a really really tiny signal!

The 777 can only be trimmed nose up when the yoke is either in neutral or pulled aft.
It can not be trimmed nose up if your yoke sends a nose down signal.....even if it is just a really really tiny signal!

Good point Rob... one of those "I wish I had thought of."  OP has a noisy controller, this fits perfect.

Dan Downs KCRP

Reverse thrusters and spoilers do not show up on instant replays in FSX on the PMDG 777, they do on other planes like LD767,

Paul Gugliotta

Without breaking it down, it's an easy trap to fall into, but here's the breakdown if you're interested:

http://forum.avsim.n...n/#entry3070222

Very interesting thread indeed.

There is also something  that comes to my mind when comparing both aircraft landing specs and that has not been expressed.

Actually I noticed that the Vref speed of the T7 (-200/ER/LR) is lower than the one of the NG most of the time at least for the same flaps config (30).

And that's why it is classified as cat C.

Only a few knots but it means less energy to absorb. Is it negligible with regards to the mass involved?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Only a few knots but it means less energy to absorb. Is it negligible with regards to the mass involved?

Not negligible.  The energy is velocity squared times half the mass, the nonlinear velocity component means every additional knot is more than the previous knot in terms of energy added.

Dan Downs KCRP