Sign in to follow this  
skysurfer

PFD and ND on network PC

I saw it was asked before but information I’ve googled was a bit limited.

I wonder if I can use PMDG 737 and 777 PFD and ND on a network PC, all I want is to have PFD and ND in a larger size, just for conveniences/reference something like what Project Magenta or Cockpitsolutions offer. I don’t intend to make a remote control as those software offer, just larger size of these 2 displays somewhere else. I know I can click on them and resize but it is a bit distracting especially on takeoff and landing and undocking drops my fps by a half. 

I read that all such software does not work well with PMDG airplanes for many reasons. One of the suggestion was to use FSUIPC/WideFS and FreeFD but the test was using default 737 not NGX and most of tests were years ago.

So I wonder if anyone has experience of doing this recently.

Thanks for looking. 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Edward,

I have created a sim similar to flightdeck solutions using my DIY skills.

To do this i have 2 pc's networked together. 1 runs fsx with a 55" tv for scenery and 3 monitors all attached to 1 graphics card. The PFD and ND are on 1 monitor. Upper DU on another and lower DU on the final monitor.

FSX runs in windowed mode with a nifty utility called windowless gaming. The PMDG777 gives 40-50 fps sitting on the ground at EGKK. Drops to 25-30 at EGLL.

I have a tablet running the FMC using Virtual Avionics.

The other pc runs PFPX, ASN, NAVDATA charts and Pro Atc x.

So i guess the answer to your question is yes.

Regards

Darren

OK, thank you 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”