Sign in to follow this  
VPMC

Are FSX and P3Dv2 licenses distinct?

Hi,

I'm new here and have not been able to easily find an answer to this question by browsing around.

I have purchased licenses for the MD-11, 737NGX, 747 and 777 for FSX. I am now migrating over to Prepar3D v2.5

My question is: "Do I have to purchase these products again or can I download and use the P3D installers?".

I am a bit wary of "suck it and see" in case I screw something up.

Thanks for any advice,

VPMC

You have to buy the NGX and the 777 again. For the MD-11 and 747 there are no P3D versions.

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Hi,

I'm new here and have not been able to easily find an answer to this question by browsing around.

I have purchased licenses for the MD-11, 737NGX, 747 and 777 for FSX. I am now migrating over to Prepar3D v2.5

My question is: "Do I have to purchase these products again or can I download and use the P3D installers?".

I am a bit wary of "suck it and see" in case I screw something up.

Thanks for any advice,

VPMC

If you search through the AVSIM forums, you will find a ton of posts from people who use PMDG aircraft within P3D, as well as knowledgeable members offering advice on how to overcome any issues you may have.  The chances are very good that if you were able to run all of your PMDG aircraft within FSX without issue, then P3D will work fine for you.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Do I have to purchase these products again or can I download and use the P3D installers?

Yes - you must purchase a separate P3D license for the aircraft available for that platform. Using an FSX license in P3D is a serious offense, and we do not take enforcement of this lightly.

Thanks for any advice,
VPMC

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Yes sir, thank you sir!

I was only asking for clarification on that point and I have received an official statement from PDMG in response to a support ticket

"The Prepar3D platform and FSX Platforms are completely separate product lines despite there similarities and if you desire to run any of the PMDG products in P3D, it will require the purchase of a new product/license. We have no plans to abandon the FSX or FSX-SE platforms so nothing requires you to purchase the P3D product unless you wish to have it. There was a temporary Price Reduction from the planned retail price for the first 30 days after the P3D version was released,  but that price reduction is no longer available.  Sorry to disappoint."

Abundantly clear.

Regards

Vincent Coldrick