•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Groundhandling gauges for FSX

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,555 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 5 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:05 AM

And for those of you that haven't spotted the pushback tugs yet:See attached picture.Rob

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:32 AM

Yes, I do know some people don't like the Brakes sound :-)And I must admit, for a lot of aircraft Brakes sound isn't very realistic at all.But the simplest way of removing/adapting it, is by changing the sound volume in the sound.ini file; as explained in the README.And if you want: you can have different settings for each aircraft, by just creating multiple copies of the sound.ini file and use a specific version in each panel.cfg (by using another .ini filename in the gauge definition).Cheers, Rob

#3 JackD

JackD

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 9 Months and 26 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 07:25 AM

Rob, Many thanks for this and the multitude of other contributions you have made over time. It's great to see you in FSX!Best Regards,JackD

#4 Inactive Member_CyberOps_***

Inactive Member_CyberOps_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 19 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:57 AM

just wanted to say that it works great, and thanks.I did take the brake sound out because it was getting a bit to annoying but thanks Rob for a wonderfull groundhandling.

#5 Inactive Member_Jock in a Frock_***

Inactive Member_Jock in a Frock_***
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2006 - 03:51 AM

Thanks, Rob.I've always been a fan of your gauges, especially the GroundHandling gauge. I installed the previous version into everything from the Dreamfleet Archer (which took some time to get working) to the PMDG 747.I've downloaded the v5.0 gauge but haven't installed it yet. Looking forward to tweaking my first FSX panel later today... :)

#6 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

I've just uploaded my "groundhandling" gauges V5.0 for FSX to the library, as file RCBgh-50.zip; should be available shortly.****************This archive contains version 5.0 of my "groundhandling" gauges, like automated pushback with conversation sounds, a Taxispeed controller using throttle and brakes, and more; it can added to any aircraft.New in V5.0 (FSX only):1. Accurate interworking with the new FSX pushback tugs. YES, finally with visible tugs :-) !!!2. Reworked Brakes gauge.3. Taxispeed gauge now has a built-in ARM function.Enjoy, Rob Barendregt

#7 Inactive Member_RonB49_***

Inactive Member_RonB49_***
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Rob, I DLed the new gauge today. I don't have FSX yet but I'll get it someday so I'm gathering the "must have" addons as they appear in stead of searching for them later. I consider your GH gauges "must have." R-

#8 Inactive Member_repaid22_***

Inactive Member_repaid22_***
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:37 PM

Thank you for your wonderful work with this guage, its amazing how people like you in the community bring things so much needed into flight simulator. You'r gauge has always been extremely helpful to me, and from what I've read, others. keep up the fantastic work. Adam

#9 Inactive Member_saudi_777_***

Inactive Member_saudi_777_***
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hi Rob,Thanks for your excellent groundhandling gauges. :) I very much appreciate your work.Regards,

#10 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:38 PM

And before I get any more Emails:PLEASE PLEASE, read my note marked *****IMPORTANT***** about FSUIPC in README.IF/WHEN you have the unregistered version V4.0.0 or V4.0.1 of FSUIPC installed (although not needed nor used by my gauge), UPGRADE to V4.0.2 or higher.Without this upgrade, Pushback turns will NEVER work; not even in my gauge.Rob

#11 FOD

FOD

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 6 Months

Posted 16 January 2007 - 04:03 PM

Hi Rob,"Which is advised in the README as well"Yes, I know and I do RTFM - but I usually like to do it myself [as part of my education] - and I still could not see where the typo was. However, up and running perfectly now.BTW, I have modded Tony C's UK sounds to meet the new requirements of the FSX gauge - I can let anyone interested have the details.Thanks again.John

#12 yellowjack

yellowjack

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • Joined 8 Years and 6 Days Ago.

Posted 16 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

I downloaded and installed tha lastest FSX plus the update. Is there any way to go back to the FS9 method of a gauge Icon toggle which the user fixes in the cockpits.The find the floating Icon very distracting when using my trackir and very unrealistic although the gauge icon is small. I managed to position the fixed gauge icon in FS9 very well in both 2d and 3d cockpits. As I am not an XML guy perhaps you could advise how I could change things to do this.I have found the pushback gauge to be very useful although I don't fly the heavy iron. Thanks for you efforts.John
John

#13 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:02 PM

Hi John,You're welcome.."" ...and did a cut and paste from your read me ...""Which is advised in the README as well :-)Cheers, Rob

#14 FOD

FOD

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 6 Months

Posted 15 January 2007 - 12:17 PM

Hi Rob,You are quite right - I just could not find it. So I took the easy way out and did a cut and paste from your read me - and of course it now works perfectly!As always - many thanks for your gauges and all the help.John

#15 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:46 AM

""... has never asked me to "trust" the gauge and the sound dll is not mentioned in the FSX.cfg list of trusted gauges"""That can mean ONLY two things:- Either the gauge isn't in your main Gauges folder, so FSX cannot find it.- Or you made a typo in the panel.cfg, causing FSX not even to look for the gauge.If you are sure about the first, Email me (see readme for address) your panel.cfg and I'll have a look.You'll be amazed how long you can stare at even the most obvious typo in a panel.cfg :-)Rob

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!