•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Groundhandling gauges for FSX

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 FOD

FOD

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,433 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 5 Months and 11 Days Ago.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

Rob,Thanks for this. I have been through it with a fine toothcomb but still no luck.However, the clue is that, although I have started FSX many times with the gauge installed, it has never asked me to "trust" the gauge and the sound dll is not mentioned in the FSX.cfg list of trusted gauges.So I suppose FSX is not seeing the sound dll - must be a mistake somewhere so back to my fine toothcomb tomorrow.C'est la vie.John

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#17 David Roch

David Roch

• Members
  • 6,085 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 11 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:07 PM

thank you very much indeed for your work Rob,I use and appreciate your gauges for years now :-)best wishesdavid

#18 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,552 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 4 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:42 PM

Hi John,That means that FSX cannot find the sounds to play.You have made one (or more :-) of the following installation errors:- Wrong definition in the panel.cfg (most likely: the pathname of the Sound.ini file is wrong or missing as the 5th parameter; see README)- You misplaced the RCB_Groundhandling5_Sound.dll (ie. not in the gauges folder)- You forgot to "trust" this signed gauge during aircraft loading the first time, effectively disabling it.- The main Sound folder doesnot contain the Groundhandling5 subfolder.- Or this subfolder doesn't contain the Sound.ini file, or the GH***.wav files.Which was it :-) ??Cheers, Rob BarendregtPS: Also have a look at file rcbgh50a.zip, for Window Icon / permanent GH window visibility.

#19 FOD

FOD

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:31 PM

Just installed Rob's gauge into FSX - having used it without problem in FS9 since first release.Unfortunately, although all the visual aspects of the gauge - brakes etc - work fine, I have no sound and, as a result, no pushback. When I initially select pushback, the gauge flashes green but after a few seconds I get a large "sound error" message. Similarly there is no "click" or brakes sound.I have no other sound problems in FSX so I guess it must be something simple as others installed the gauge with no problem - very grateful for any help.John Rooum

#20 Inactive Member_DigiFlight_***

Inactive Member_DigiFlight_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 6 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

Hi JockI just read your comment on having installed Rob's Groundhandling into PMDG 747 panel. I found this post by searching google for something that could help me out with exactly installing rob's gauge into pmdg 747. I can't manage to locate the button (which pops up the window) on the main panel. For some reason the main panel overlaps the button. For me to see the button, I moved it to somewhere over the windshield.Could you help me fix this problem, please?Thanks in advance!Silvestre Bittencourt

#21 kayjay

kayjay

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Joined 5 Years, 7 Months and 1 Day

Posted 10 January 2010 - 07:00 AM

Hi John, You're welcome.. "" ...and did a cut and paste from your read me ..."" Which is advised in the README as well :-) Cheers, Rob

Forgive me for reviving an old post, but I've got exactly the same problem as John (post11) but haven't been able to crack the problem by following your advice. The sound had been working fine until recently. I have installed various aircraft and AI aircraft downloads but can't pinpoint where my problem lies, unless there's a conflict within my fsx.cfg file and to be honest I wouldn't recognise it if it jumped out and waved at me! Any ideas what to try next?

#22 corkyo4

corkyo4

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Joined 5 Years and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:39 AM

Hi all,where can u get hold if te ground handling gauge?Thanks

#23 toriu

toriu

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • Joined 6 Years, 11 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 08:33 PM

Here we go...It's in the AVSIM file library. rcbgh-50.zip

#24 FOD

FOD

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 04:25 AM

I recently upgraded my system {I7 etc} and completely reinstalled my FSX. As before, I installed Groundhandling V 5.0 with no problems. I then installed V5.0A to provide ICON switching as with earlier versions. However, whilst this works correctly on initially loading an aircraft, changing from windowed to full screen mode of vice versa results in FSX crashing with a NTDLL.DLL error.This is using the default 737, stock airport and default FSX settings with Win7 64 bitThe crash seems to be caused by the window status gauge - if I do not run this gauge on initially loading the aircraft, the icon and GH panel are displayed correctly and I can change window/fullscreen modes with no problem. But of course the icon switching is not active. Wonder if anyone else has seen this with V5.0A or has any ideas?John R

#25 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 06:08 PM

I recently upgraded my system {I7 etc} and completely reinstalled my FSX. As before, I installed Groundhandling V 5.0 with no problems. I then installed V5.0A to provide ICON switching as with earlier versions. However, whilst this works correctly on initially loading an aircraft, changing from windowed to full screen mode of vice versa results in FSX crashing with a NTDLL.DLL error.This is using the default 737, stock airport and default FSX settings with Win7 64 bitThe crash seems to be caused by the window status gauge - if I do not run this gauge on initially loading the aircraft, the icon and GH panel are displayed correctly and I can change window/fullscreen modes with no problem. But of course the icon switching is not active. Wonder if anyone else has seen this with V5.0A or has any ideas?John R

Hi John,Can you please send me the panel.cfg you are using via Email (see my READMEs for my Email address) ?So I can verify everything is installed correctly ?Reason I ask: the last few months I get quite some support requests from people that install any of my gauges (groundhandling, Carrier ops, VTOL, etc) on Windows7 systems with a complete re-install, and with one exception it always turned out to be an error in installation.(ie. one user that couldn't get my carrier ops working other than in a non-full, windowed-mode screen).Not saying you made such an installation error of course, but I just want to exclude the possibility.I don't use Windows7 myself, so I can't verify such a problem; and your particular problem is new to me. By itself, that says nothing, but in 9 years supporting all of my gauges, my experiance is that if only user reports a specific problem, then usually the problem lies somewhere else.So I'm very curious to know if any other Windows7 user is experiancing the same problem (your description is very clear, and apperantly repeatable).Or even more: a Windows7 user that DOESN'T have the problem you describe.Regards, Rob Barendregt

#26 toriu

toriu

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 08:20 PM

Hi Rob, I'm using your ground handling gage with W7-Ultimate 64-bit on all the heavy aircraft. No problems at all. Thank You for your generosity.RayLondonUK

#27 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:12 AM

Hi Rob, I'm using your ground handling gage with W7-Ultimate 64-bit on all the heavy aircraft. No problems at all. Thank You for your generosity.RayLondonUK

Hi Ray,But are you using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip) ?And if so, does switching from windowed-mode to fullscreen mode v.v work OK on your PC ?Rob

#28 FOD

FOD

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:33 PM

Rob,After Ray's post, I realised that I had to look again in more detail at what I was doing. Its now sorted and I have 5.0A up and running - but its a bit complicated, involves something in FSX that I am not sure that I understand and also a beta product.I'll put it in a pm which you can read if you ever have the time.As always my thanks for an impressive programme which has stood the test of time - now I wonder if I can use it with the MD11?Best WishesJohn R

#29 toriu

toriu

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:22 PM

Hi Ray,But are you using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip) ?And if so, does switching from windowed-mode to fullscreen mode v.v work OK on your PC ?Rob

Hi Rob, No, I am not using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip). Am I missing something?

#30 rcbarend

rcbarend

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 05:58 PM

Hi Rob, No, I am not using the permanent Icon addon (rcbgh50a.zip). Am I missing something?

Please judge for yourself if you miss it or not :-)What rcbgh50a.zip does:- Adds a permanently-visible Icon on the screen; which you can place in any position on the screen.- Via mouseclicking this Icon, you can open/close the Groundhandling window.- When the groundhandling window is open, it remains forced open (even if you change views).Some people find that very handy, because they can switch to other views (eg. during a pushback) with losing the GH window.Cheers, Rob

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!