Sign in to follow this  
Guest rightnumberone

New Mission Released - Palm 90

Guest manflyer

hi all, i too have the same error as dave vaga about 3 seconds after clicking the "go to briefing" button,i also have 1gig ram and an old fx5500 graphics card.It a shame but, kevin, the only reason i am replying to this post is that you are doing your upmost to solve this issue with a minority of people who are experiencing this problem with a FREE product,though imho i dont think the problem is at your end,but your time and effort you are putting into this is at least worth a few quid.thanks kevin. paul

Guest rightnumberone

Paul,It's no problem. I'm really anxious to figure this one out. I'm perplexed. And I hate being perplexed.Do me a favor, in case Mango doesn't ever come back to this topic.Zip up the following folder and email it to me:c:program filesmicrosoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulator xmissionsemergencypalm90Email it to:kevindanagreene at hotmail dot comI want to reload what you send me on my machine, and see if I get the error with your files. If I do, at least I can then debug it and see if maybe something I did is causing the error.Thanks mate,Kevin D. Greene

I've tried to install this a couple of times to my FSX deluxe install now and the mission does not show up when I launch FSX?Looking at the game folders there is no palm90 in the missions emergency folder as I suspect there should be? the files are unzipping somewhere though?I unzip to my FSX folder located at F:FlightFSX, yes I renamed the default folder from microsoft flight simulator x to FSX and have it on a different drive from my OS on F:flight, could this be what is confusing the installer?Any suggestions? I'd love to try this one.

Guest rap777

Hi Kevin!First off I wanted to thank you for all your efforts.I can fly the Boston Missin OK (except I have a missing building, the one I am supposed to land on???. I can see the platrform with some people floating in the air though? I have not tried landing on it yet as my joystick is "kaput"Anyway, I also get kicked out of the "Palm90" mission on startup (while "loading Scenery screen). I get the same erroer message!I have AMD Dual Core 64x2 3800.Winfast PX7900GTX 512 Ram2 Gig RamGerman edition of FSXHope to get it running once I receive my new pods for my TM Cougar stick!Looking forwar to flying all your missions soon!Kind Regards and God blessAlfred

>Do me a favor, in case Mango doesn't ever come back to this>topic.Sorry Kevin, i'll send it to you this evening when i am back home.

Guest rightnumberone

Alfred,Yes, trying to finish Boston Skyskraper with a "kaput" joystick would present some interesting flying challenges. BTW: If you set your display settings to Dense (from Normal) that building reappears.That issue was a known issue, so the two issues are unrelated.

KevinAny advice on my problems with the mission?..............I've tried to install this a couple of times to my FSX deluxe install now and the mission does not show up when I launch FSX?Looking at the game folders there is no palm90 in the missions emergency folder as I suspect there should be? the files are unzipping somewhere though?I unzip to my FSX folder located at F:FlightFSX, yes I renamed the default folder from microsoft flight simulator x to FSX and have it on a different drive from my OS on F:flight, could this be what is confusing the installer?Any suggestions? I'd love to try this one.

Guest rightnumberone

Hayabusa,Yes, I do have some advice.Search your C: and F: drives for a folder called Palm90It seem to me based on what you've said that you installed FSX NOT on your C: drive in the default installation folders, but rather to your F: drive.However, when you unzipped the Installation Files, I'll bet they went onto your C: drive.

Yes, I installed FSX on my F: drive as I do for all my flight sim stuff, does the installer need to have a default FSX install on C: to work? if so, these missions wont work for me :(My folder I chose to install FSX is F:FlightFSX I asked the installer to unzip there.I did a search on C: for Palm90 and found nothing, after doing a search on F: I found the following under search.Palm90Reward.RWD in F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XRewards 824kbPalm90.FLT in F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsEmergencyPalm 90 9kbPalm90.WX in F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsEmergencyPalm 90 211kbPalm90.XML in F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsEmergencyPalm 90 273kbPalm90Reward.RWD in F:FlightFSXMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XMissionsEmergencyPalm 90 824kbThats not right, is it, surly I don't have to have FSX installed in the default location for the add-ons to work? All I'm pointing the installer to is my F:FlightFSX folder, upon launching the sim, not surprisingly the mission does not show up.Help :)Also, one last thought, even if the installer unzipped these files into the wrong location, despite me giving the correct location, the combined file sizes seem a bit small compared to the zip file I downloaded?Thanks again.

>>>Do me a favor, in case Mango doesn't ever come back to this>>topic.>>>Sorry Kevin, i'll send it to you this evening when i am back>home.Well, i get an error while trying to mail to your account, but you can download the file here :http://www.6th-heaven.com/Mango/Palm%2090.rarHope you can find the mistake :-)

Guest rightnumberone

Mango (and others),I downloaded the files that you zipped up and replaced my Palm 90 folder with the one you have.It loaded and flew without error. I had no loading errors. All expected files were there and the Mission Briefing loaded just fine.I'm not certain what memory error could be occurring on your system.The Mission Briefing is essentially composed of three things: .bmp images in 24-bit format, text and some hyperlinks. Nothing exotic. All the links are regular hyperlinks. Nothing is hotlinked.Have to say, I'm stumped.As of this morning, this mission has been downloaded and (presumeably) installed by over 730 people, and about 5 have reported similar memory errors.I have pointed others to these two article in the Microsoft Knowledgebase which address memory problems running Microsoft Games:Troubleshooting Stop Errorshttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/315192/en-usGame closes unexpectedlyhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/303032/At this point, I'd say that the most likely cause is a video-driver conflict of some type on your system.Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. If I discover any useful information in the future which might shed light on this issue, I'll be sure and post it here on AVSIM.

Guest wcs33

Hi Kevin,Thanks for your great mission. I've tried to fly it, and manually loaded the files in their appropriate locations (and verified that they are there).I read through the briefing just fine, then load the mission. When the sim starts, the chopper is on the ground (no local scenery around it)...the weather is as expected, but there is no dialog, prompts or anything else.I flew to the crash site, and there was no mission-specific scenery there either...my scenery settings are Dense and above...other missions are working find, include Owen's "Valhalla".Any ideas? I followed install locations carefully...ThanksBillKBDL

Guest rightnumberone

Bill,What location is the main mission folder in?If you got the mission briefing, then that suggests that at least the mission briefing files are in the right place; however, the mission doesn't load? This suggests something is NOT in the right place.There are 3 locations where files should be:Main Mission Folderc:program filesmicrosoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulator xmissionsemergencypalm90In this folder should have the main flight file (palm90.flt) the main mission file (palm90.xml) the weather file (palm90.wx) plus subfolders for sound, mission briefing elements, etc.Effects Folderc:program filesmicrosoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulatoreffects1 file, fx_deicing_2.fxReward Folderc:program filesmicrosoft gamesmicrosoft flight simulator xrewards1 file, palm90reward.rwdUninstalling the MissionYou can uninstall this mission by deleting the 2 files in the Effects and Reward Folders, and by deleting the Palm90 mission folder.There is nothing unique about the install. It is just the same as all other mission folders; no Registry adds or anything out of the ordinary. Plain old file copies onlySince you say you manually moved some files, I'd suggest you uninstall it and re-install it and let the installer do the work and see if you get better results.Cheers,Kevin D. Greene

Guest wcs33

Hi Kevin,All appears to be in place.My FSX is in F:FSXWhere do I tell the installer to place the files? ThanksBill

Hi again KevinCan you check my reply to your last post to me here, have shown where the installer put the Palm 90 files.I honestly think the installer can not install to anything but the default folder?