•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
- - - - -

New Mission Released - Palm 90

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 11,975 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 6 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

>Thanks again for your kind comments.I do hope you've put your "name in the hat" with regards to ACES open invitation for a Mission Designer! ;)http://blogs.technet...n-builders.aspx

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#62 G7USL

G7USL

'MYAir Virtual' Senior Captain

• Members
  • 4,572 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

Yes well done, your the Guru of Helicopter Missions and thanks.

• Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 6 Months and 30 Days Ago.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

I remember as a little kid watching these events unfold since I have lived in the DC area most of my life. That was a very tragic day with many heroes. Since choppers are all I fly these days I will certainly be downloading and experiencing this mission myself. Very nice work!________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 @ 893Mhz | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 575/900 | Seagate 2x 320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

#64 Inactive Member_rightnumberone_***

Inactive Member_rightnumberone_***
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 05:51 AM

Guys,Wow ... now I'm the one who is speechless. Thanks so much for taking the time to express your kind appreciations. I put a lot of effort into this mission as a way of trying to see just how far I could push FSX.There were a lot of "iffy" things I did in this mission that I wasn't sure the game could pull off.I too am impressed with just what can be accomplished with this version of Flight Simulator. And the future promises even better possibilities as the hardware catches up with the software.The guys on the ACES team have really provided an excellent platform upon which to tell stories like this. I agree with others that the product needs some tweaking, and I really wish there were more objects from which to choose in designing missions, but there is a TON in the game that someone with the right imagination and skills can use to create truly immersive experiences.Thanks again for your kind comments.

#65 cklink

cklink

• Members
  • 313 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 10 Months and 7 Days Ago.

Posted 26 January 2007 - 04:22 AM

Truely Awesome !!!!That is simply the BEST mission I have ever seen (or even though was possible). Well designed and executed from start to end with all the newest bells and whistles. And the cut scenes, incredible job all around. Very immersive - the story, voices, atmosphere, cut scenes - that was not just a mission, that was an experience! And to top it off that well packaged product that was only 8mb.My hats off to you, PLEASE keep more like that coming. I was a little questionable about whole FSX mission thing - has that tune ever changed...Best Regards'Garett:-beerchug

#66 Geofa

Geofa

Geof Applegate

• Members
  • 9,488 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 4 Months and 23 Days Ago.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:10 PM

This is simply one of the most amazing things I have seen done for flight sim.I am speechless!http://mywebpages.co...s/rxp-pilot.jpg

#67 Wnuk

Wnuk

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 5 Months and 9 Days Ago.

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for making me aware of this. Your missions are great!Jim

#68 Inactive Member_rightnumberone_***

Inactive Member_rightnumberone_***
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

The latest add-on mission for Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been released. Get it free here: http://fsxmissions.b...on-palm-90.html Mission Briefing On a cold, snowy day in January 1982

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!