Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

What is the best landclass addon for FSX????

Hello Gang!I am desperately looking for good landclass (payware or freeware), for FSX, for the entire world (or close to). What do you all recommend? I've been looking at FSGenesis, since I own their world terrain mesh, but it only appears to cover the USA.Thanks for any input!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I'm not certain but I believe Cloud9's XClass is available for the whole globe, but I'm not sure if it's landclass or mesh, although reading the website it seems to be landclass. Scenerytech offers North America and FS genesis you know.Ian.

I would recommend FSG for meshes and XClass for landclass.Pat

Guest Derek D

SceneryTech has just launched its Europe landclass today (see the sig link). Unfortunately it will take more time to get the whole world up and running, but we're getting there :).

I have the Scenery Tech North America Landclass and really love it. It has made a tremendous difference! The mountains look like mountains again instead of sand dunes.I also have UTX USA, and have the Scenery Tech landclass layered, with UTX USA handling the urban landclass. Would I be better off letting the Scenery Tech landclass handle all the landclass duties, and turning off the UTX USA landclass completely? Which one has the more accurate urban landclass?Thanks,Bill

Guest Derek D

I can't speak for the UTX landclass without knowing more about how it is generated, but I can say that the SceneryTech Europe landclass employs source data that is specifically calibrated for measuring urban density and extents.Here is a comparison between the default urban coverage and the SceneryTech urban coverage in the southern UK. All of those little dots in the SceneryTech image are towns that are too small to be depicted in the default.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174538.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174540.jpgThe North America landclass v1.1 is using an older urban extents algorithm which, despite being much more accurate than the default, is not as detailed as the new city landclass which has just been developed for Europe. The good news is that North America landclass owners can expect an update soon which will bring North America in line with the new Europe city technology.

Thanks for that information Derek. Will the update include any amendments to rural areas (assuming any need doing)?

Guest Derek D

Yes we have some fixes scheduled for the "natural" part of the landclass as well.

OK can someone explain the differences here to me? I recently purchases FS Global 2008 and I know that it improved the view in most countries except the US. SO what do landclasses do (mesh and all that)If you could point me in the right direction I'd greatly appreciate it.

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

Guest Derek D

Sure sorry for the late response...FS Global 2008 improves the mesh, meaning the shape of the hills, mountains, and canyons in the sim. Landclass products tell the sim what texture to apply at a given location on the Earth, whether it be a desert, farm, forest, or town. So both mesh and landclass products can improve the realism of the scenery, but in very different ways.

Excellent. I was impressed by the first release, but, after using UTX, I switched to using only UTX landclass as I felt the cities were much more accurate in the UTX landclass for the area I fly (Northeast US around Boston and north). I'll be psyched to see this update as I'm thinking in other areas of the country STL will be better, e.g. for rural areas.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest kingairvols

Hello,I wanted to ask in the above mentioned subject. It is somthing I am also not sure about; that is, is I have FSG Mesh and FSG Landclass for FSX. Do I need to somehow (not sure if I sure how too) un-install FSG Landclass prior to installing the Scenery Tech North America Landclass. Of course there is the option that both landclass enhancments are comparable, and the option exsist, to turn each on and off. I am sure there are grammer errors please excuse what I am sure is a "run on sentence". Thank you.Mark.System:OS:MS Windows XP Professional, Ver 2002 Service Pack 2 Hardware:Intel Pentium® 4 CPU 2.802.84 GHz, 3.00 GB of RAM Radeon X1600 Pro 512MB running a 21/19.6 Sony Flat Screen Tubed Monitorand a 17/16 NEC/Mitsubishi Tubed MonitorGeForce FX 5200 128MB running a NEC/Mitsubishi 18 Flat Panel

MyworldDevelopment seems to be stopped. At least there isn't any news for a long time;LandclassX:I don't have it since there is a season inversion that I didn't liked;Scenerytech:US, don't know the country enough to state anything;Europe. Just released and so far spotted several problems. As far I see the regions were not adjusted so you don't have the Atlantic influence in North Iberia; The seasons raining influence don't seem to be correctly modeled. So it's too dry in winter and Autumn.Jos

I have have X-class world and I also tried Scenery Tech for North America. In the area where I live (Southwestern BC) I found X-class quite close while Scenery Tech was so far off I requested a refund. Scenery Tech covered the forested mountains mostly with rock and the farm land around my town with forest and rural housing. The urban areas were also poorly placed. X-class was pretty good for my area and other areas I am familiar with and it is certainly an improvement over default. It is possible of course that Scenery Tech may be superior to X-class in other areas, but I can only judge from the areas I am familiar with. I find that most freeware landclass which is usually hand done by people familiar with an area is better than any of the payware options, so I have lots of those (even from FS2004, as they work fine in FSX) including VOZ landclass for Australia which I set at higher levels in the Scenery Library and then I set X-class underneath them for a base. I do disable the seasonal changes in X-class, by renaming the files as they do cause issues for me.RegardsMartin

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

I just purchased FSG landclass and mesh after a LONG hiatus from FS (I'm back!!!). I will let you know how it looks when I get it installed, and send you some screenies.-Jeremy Burchhttp://home.earthlink.net/~dawgfighter/sit...es/swvasig1.gifSWVA4806 http://www.virtualswa.com/home.phphttp://www.feelthere.com/banner/classic3.jpgThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifCurrent system:Pentium 4 Cedar Mill 641 (3.40GHz), Abit AW8D, Gigabyte GeForce 7900GTX (512MB DDR3 PCI-Express x16),Corsair XMS2 Pro 2GB PC2 6400 (DDR2 800), 2 SeaGate Barracuda 250GB hard drives, Sound Blaster X-Fi PlatinumKlipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 speakers, NEC 20" CRT, Microsoft SideWinder Force Feedback 2Please note: System specs are for reference in tech forums only and are not to be taken as meaning anything else.Doing so will result in eye-rolling, possible teeth grinding and perhaps mild internal chuckling.Happy Flying!