Sign in to follow this  
Guest fbespeleta

Wilco/Feelthere 777 navigation broken

Guest Unforgiven

I just bought the Wilco/Feelthere Boeing 777 and was testing it with a flight from Tokyo to Beijing.However it appears that the navigation of the aircraft is not functioning properly. As you can see in the picture below, the standard GPS display and the ND of the 777 don't agree on how to get to the next waypoint.http://www.ookii.org/misc/777nav.jpgAccording to the GPS, I'm to the left of the planned route. According to the ND, I'm to the right of it. When I set the autopilot to LNAV mode, it'll follow the line on the ND. Which causes ATC to think I'm deviating from my IFR flight path and they'll instruct me to correct it. Which gets old real fast.What could be causing this? Does the navigation of the 777 perhaps not take the round earth into account?More importantly, how do I fix it?

Guest fbespeleta

>I just bought the Wilco/Feelthere Boeing 777 and was testing>it with a flight from Tokyo to Beijing.>>However it appears that the navigation of the aircraft is not>functioning properly. As you can see in the picture below, the>standard GPS display and the ND of the 777 don't agree on how>to get to the next waypoint.>http://www.ookii.org/misc/777nav.jpg>>According to the GPS, I'm to the left of the planned route.>According to the ND, I'm to the right of it. When I set the>autopilot to LNAV mode, it'll follow the line on the ND. Which>causes ATC to think I'm deviating from my IFR flight path and>they'll instruct me to correct it. Which gets old real fast.>>What could be causing this? Does the navigation of the 777>perhaps not take the round earth into account?>>More importantly, how do I fix it?i am experiencing the same thing...but there was a time that it followed the waypoints direction, but not exactly on how the gps is showing it.. but it will direct you to the destination waypoint...you have to configure your FMC correctly (which i still dont get it perfectly,).i already asked wilco...they routed me to feelthere forum... :(