Sign in to follow this  
irocx

CH Yoke problem

Back in the early days of FSX, someone posted some lines to add to the config file to enable you to use a button on the CH yoke to raise and lower the landing gear by moving the switch up or down.Having been away from flying for a while and re-installing FSX and SP1, I've lost this.Can anyone point me to this info.? I've done a search in the FSX forum and the hardware forum with no results.Thanks.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Guest stevehow

Hi matethese are the lines you need to edit in the standard.xml file which is in the control folder.file should look like this once it's done - 4GEAR_UP- 5GEAR_DOWN- 6FLAPS_DECR- 7FLAPS_INCRyou need index entries 4 and 5.this will enable you to use the Gear lever for UP/DOWN... cheers steve

Thanks much my friend. This will get me back to where I was before the update. I will print this and file it for possible future reference.:-)

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Why can't I get this to work?? I open the standard.xml file in notepad, migrate to my ch yoke usb entry (no not the slew one) toward the bottom, change the control lines as indicated and it still doesn't work. Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks.While I'm here I'll vent toward Aces: How can something like this even occur after beta testing and a service pack? I mean the CH Yoke has been around for a long time and this option was removed (for what reason I don't know) from FS9. Gezuz, my CH yoke evlevator trim buttons weren't even recognized when I first installed FSX. A simple fix to the ,xml file should have been included in SP1 - it would have taken you guys about 5 minutes to accomplish this........whew, sorry but having to mess with these small details is simply rediculous and shouldn't have occured in the first place. JMHO Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Hi Peter, No I don't have Fsuipc yet - will this work with the freeware version? I've held off with Fsuipc for now because I've heard of some compatibility issues with Simconnect, maybe I'm wrong? Thanks for responding.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

Look closer in your xml file - chances are you have more than one entry for the CH Yoke. I found that if you removed the USB plug and then reconnected it, you would get a NEW entry with the default values.VicQ6600 G0 CPU 2.4 o/c 3.6Evga 680i A1 with P30 BIOS 2G XP2-8500 DDR2 1066FSB Mushkin 996535 RAM 5-5-4-12-2T320G 7200 HD partitioned for XP/Vista/Programs 2 - 74G Raptors in RAID0 500G 7200 HD for backup SATA DVD burner Evga 8800GTS 640 PCIx Kandalf LCS case w/ built in liquid cooling 850W Thermaltake power supplyVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-supporter-sigbanner.jpgRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

>Look closer in your xml file - chances are you have more than>one entry for the CH Yoke. I found that if you removed the USB>plug and then reconnected it, you would get a NEW entry with>the default values.>>Vic>Yikes, I unplug my ch stuff all the time - guess I'll to save a copy of that edited file when I can finally get it to work. I went back and checked for ALL instances of CH Yoke USB and changed the xml paying close attention to the formating and still no-go. If this works, should there then be two separate entries in the control config window within FSX? Currrently there is only 1 entry for landing gear, both extract/retract? Anyone else? Otherwise I'll head over to the CH Hangar. Thanks Vic.Regards, Kendall#1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall

KendallI am not sure about the "free" FSUIPC4 version. I use the registered version and have NEVER had an issue with simconnect. Its such a versatile program for setting up all of your axes, buttons, keys and even GoFlight modules - well worth getting. Trying the "free" version would be the first step and see what you think. The CHCM software should also be able to assign gear up gear down quite easily.Peter Hayes

Sorry you are having problems with the CH yoke and FSX.I just bought the yoke, plugged it in and it was recognized and worked in FSX instantly..Now, I've re-assigned some of the buttons, using FSX Options/settings/Controls and made the gear fix that is listed above by editing the xml file and like it a lot. If you look closely, you have to replace a single gear entry (toggle) by two entries, one gear_up and one gear_down. If you do not like messing with many lines in the xml file, first assign gear toggle to both buttons (flipping up and down), using the "add assignment" function. Once you have two lines in the Settings/Controls section, each with a toggle function and your favorite buttons assigned (button 4/5 or 5/6, I believe), you can go into the xml files and change the gear toggle settings to gear up and down.Make sure that you do not have the same buttons assigned to something else though. If you use the Settings panel, it will check this. No need for any special software that I can see.

Bert

George. I just tried it and does not work for me either... do not know why..

Bert

I just assigned 1 of my buttons to Gear Up/Gear Down under assignments instead of using the G key.Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.