•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

CH Yoke problem

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 irocx

irocx

• Members
  • 733 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 3 Months and 29 Days Ago.

Posted 23 October 2007 - 09:55 PM

OK, between my family and my business, I finally got back around to revisiting this issue. Dave, I have used the CH MGR software since I purchased my yoke and for calibration only. I was going to use it to make a map and solve the problem, but thought I would follow Bert's excellent directions and I followed them to the letter. What I found was interesting - one needs to find the APPROPRIATE standard.xml file for this mod to work! :-lol :+I had originally looked for the control folder in the main FSX folder, but a standard.xml file jumped right out at me and I wrongly assumed "thar she blows". I should have known that there is another file that will store any changes made to the current config.Anyway, thanks to all for the assistance and while I'm at it, I'll publicly apologize for the mini-rant I made earlier. While I do think this is a simple issue that probebly could have been avoided, it really serves no purpose to "vent" toward Aces or anyone else, for that matter, after the fact - something that unfortunately seems to be occuring with more frequency and verve these days. Straight and level everyone........now that I'm in the file editing mood, I'm off for some humble pie while I try to focus on writing some A.I. flightplans by hand. :-eek Regards, Kendall #1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Palebushman

Palebushman

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 11:49 PM

>Dave, what specifically does the CH Control Manager offer for>FSX that>can not easily be done using FSX Settings ?:-hmmm A very valid comment Bert, the answer of course would be, nothing. The reason for suggesting it though, stems from the times we were all scratching about looking for tips and tweaks to get our new FSX working, in some sort of acceptable manner. The CH Control Manager was just one of the offerings to that end.:-outta

#3 Inactive Member_stevehow_***

Inactive Member_stevehow_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months

Posted 22 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

hi mate you must edit this file,not open it normally..use Notepad to edit,just copy and paste the relevant bits,thats how i did it.. cheers steve

#4 Bert Pieke

Bert Pieke

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 6,505 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 4 Months and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:13 PM

OK... same here.

#5 188AHC

188AHC

Microsoft Flight Forum Moderator

• 1,286 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 9 Months and 15 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:53 PM

You don't need the CH control manager to accomplish this. I've got 4.20 and the only time I have used it is to initially calibrate my yoke and pedals. Haven't used it since. As stated on the CH site - the drivers are built in to Windows.The lines suggested added to the file as noted will make the gear switch work in up and down mode. This is what I've done since the release of FSX.

#6 Bert Pieke

Bert Pieke

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 09:20 AM

Dave, what specifically does the CH Control Manager offer for FSX thatcan not easily be done using FSX Settings ?

#7 Palebushman

Palebushman

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 06:52 AM

>>Back in the early days of FSX, someone posted some lines to>add to the config file to enable you to use a button on the CH>yoke to raise and lower the landing gear by moving the switch>up or down.>>Having been away from flying for a while and re-installing FSX>and SP1, I've lost this.>>Can anyone point me to this info.? I've done a search in the>FSX forum and the hardware forum with no results.>>Thanks.>Before applying the tips provided by fellow AVSIM pilots, may I suggest that you follow this link to CH and download/Install their fix first. http://www.ch-hangar...read.php?t=4205You may still need to modify the XML Document found in C:Documents and SettingsYour NameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXControls, then by opening it with 'Notepad' and scroll very near to the bottom of the page and perform the fix that was provided by #stevehow.#

#8 Bert Pieke

Bert Pieke

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 09:44 PM

Ron, that works for sure, but it is kind of nice to have a flip switch that raises the gear when up, and lowers the gear when down..

#9 rpowers

rpowers

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,140 posts
  • Joined 12 Years, 4 Months and 22 Days Ago.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 06:50 PM

I just assigned 1 of my buttons to Gear Up/Gear Down under assignments instead of using the G key.Ron

#10 tcgeo

tcgeo

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 04:02 PM

Thanks for checking,George

#11 Bert Pieke

Bert Pieke

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 03:59 PM

George. I just tried it and does not work for me either... do not know why..

#12 tcgeo

tcgeo

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 8 Months and 16 Days Ago.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 02:30 PM

Hi Bert, wonder if you can help me with this;I

#13 Bert Pieke

Bert Pieke

Member - 5,000+

• Members
  • 6,505 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

Sorry you are having problems with the CH yoke and FSX.I just bought the yoke, plugged it in and it was recognized and worked in FSX instantly..Now, I've re-assigned some of the buttons, using FSX Options/settings/Controls and made the gear fix that is listed above by editing the xml file and like it a lot. If you look closely, you have to replace a single gear entry (toggle) by two entries, one gear_up and one gear_down. If you do not like messing with many lines in the xml file, first assign gear toggle to both buttons (flipping up and down), using the "add assignment" function. Once you have two lines in the Settings/Controls section, each with a toggle function and your favorite buttons assigned (button 4/5 or 5/6, I believe), you can go into the xml files and change the gear toggle settings to gear up and down.Make sure that you do not have the same buttons assigned to something else though. If you use the Settings panel, it will check this. No need for any special software that I can see.

#14 FlyingsCool

FlyingsCool

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,793 posts
  • Joined 8 Years, 6 Months and 13 Days Ago.

Posted 21 October 2007 - 12:54 PM

If you plug it into the same USB port each time, it should keep using the same definition.Thomas[a href="http://www.flyingscool.com"] http://www.flyingsco...s/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

#15 Illegitimi non carborundum

Illegitimi non carborundum

AVSIM Staff Reviewer

• Reviewer
  • 1,025 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 2 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 20 October 2007 - 09:35 PM

KendallI am not sure about the "free" FSUIPC4 version. I use the registered version and have NEVER had an issue with simconnect. Its such a versatile program for setting up all of your axes, buttons, keys and even GoFlight modules - well worth getting. Trying the "free" version would be the first step and see what you think. The CHCM software should also be able to assign gear up gear down quite easily.Peter Hayes

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!