Sign in to follow this  
irocx

CH Yoke problem

Ron, that works for sure, but it is kind of nice to have a flip switch that raises the gear when up, and lowers the gear when down..

Bert

>>Back in the early days of FSX, someone posted some lines to>add to the config file to enable you to use a button on the CH>yoke to raise and lower the landing gear by moving the switch>up or down.>>Having been away from flying for a while and re-installing FSX>and SP1, I've lost this.>>Can anyone point me to this info.? I've done a search in the>FSX forum and the hardware forum with no results.>>Thanks.>Before applying the tips provided by fellow AVSIM pilots, may I suggest that you follow this link to CH and download/Install their fix first. http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4205You may still need to modify the XML Document found in C:Documents and SettingsYour NameApplication DataMicrosoftFSXControls, then by opening it with 'Notepad' and scroll very near to the bottom of the page and perform the fix that was provided by #stevehow.#

Dave, what specifically does the CH Control Manager offer for FSX thatcan not easily be done using FSX Settings ?

Bert

You don't need the CH control manager to accomplish this. I've got 4.20 and the only time I have used it is to initially calibrate my yoke and pedals. Haven't used it since. As stated on the CH site - the drivers are built in to Windows.The lines suggested added to the file as noted will make the gear switch work in up and down mode. This is what I've done since the release of FSX.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Guest stevehow

hi mate you must edit this file,not open it normally..use Notepad to edit,just copy and paste the relevant bits,thats how i did it.. cheers steve

>Dave, what specifically does the CH Control Manager offer for>FSX that>can not easily be done using FSX Settings ?:-hmmm A very valid comment Bert, the answer of course would be, nothing. The reason for suggesting it though, stems from the times we were all scratching about looking for tips and tweaks to get our new FSX working, in some sort of acceptable manner. The CH Control Manager was just one of the offerings to that end.:-outta

OK, between my family and my business, I finally got back around to revisiting this issue. Dave, I have used the CH MGR software since I purchased my yoke and for calibration only. I was going to use it to make a map and solve the problem, but thought I would follow Bert's excellent directions and I followed them to the letter. What I found was interesting - one needs to find the APPROPRIATE standard.xml file for this mod to work! :-lol :+I had originally looked for the control folder in the main FSX folder, but a standard.xml file jumped right out at me and I wrongly assumed "thar she blows". I should have known that there is another file that will store any changes made to the current config.Anyway, thanks to all for the assistance and while I'm at it, I'll publicly apologize for the mini-rant I made earlier. While I do think this is a simple issue that probebly could have been avoided, it really serves no purpose to "vent" toward Aces or anyone else, for that matter, after the fact - something that unfortunately seems to be occuring with more frequency and verve these days. Straight and level everyone........now that I'm in the file editing mood, I'm off for some humble pie while I try to focus on writing some A.I. flightplans by hand. :-eek Regards, Kendall #1: E6750@3.2GHZ/Coolermaster HyperTX2 Gigabyte P35-DS3L 4GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers PC6400 Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATA2 Gigabyte X800XT -Cat 6.12's CH Yoke/Pedals/Saitek Throttle Dual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905 #2: Dell 8400 3.2 H.T. 3GB PC4200 Diamond Xtreme/Logitech X-530's

Regards, Kendall