•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
- - - - -

VC windows raindrop fix

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Inactive Member_Nils79_***

Inactive Member_Nils79_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 7 Months and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:00 PM

>>Thanks for your answer, Owen!>>Is there a chance that we see someday for example a Twin>>Comanche flying in DX10 mode of FSX and with working VC rain>>effects?>>If the mechanism was in place to incorporate that within the>model, perhaps, but the SDK does not specifically allow for>such for native FSX models. HTH!>>Owen>Thanks again, Owen!I only had to google for "HTH" ;)I enjoy your Twin Comanche anyway :) Posted ImageNils

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 OwenHewitt

OwenHewitt

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 3 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 05 November 2007 - 02:09 PM

>Thanks for your answer, Owen!>Is there a chance that we see someday for example a Twin>Comanche flying in DX10 mode of FSX and with working VC rain>effects?If the mechanism was in place to incorporate that within the model, perhaps, but the SDK does not specifically allow for such for native FSX models. HTH!Owen
*****<br>J. Owen Hewitt<br><br>My blog:<a href="http://polypoke.wordpress.com" target="_blank">http://polypoke.word...m</a><br>Become a fan:<a href="http://www.facebook.com/polypoke" target="_blank">http://www.facebook....om/polypoke</a>

#3 northtexas

northtexas

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • Joined 11 Years, 4 Months and 3 Days Ago.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 09:15 PM

>>My Real Air SF260 has two .mdl files but the vc rain mod>>doesn't work with it while all my FSD aircraft have only one>>.mdl yet I have VC rain with those.>>That's because the "VC Rain" only works with FS9 (those>with ONE model file) models!:-wave I misread your post...getting old! :-wave

#4 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 12,045 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 7 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

>My Real Air SF260 has two .mdl files but the vc rain mod>doesn't work with it while all my FSD aircraft have only one>.mdl yet I have VC rain with those.That's because the "VC Rain" only works with FS9 (those with ONE model file) models! :-wave

Fr. Bill     us.png

Global Moderator

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

"It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading." (Shin'a'in Proverb)

avsim_logo_small-100x50.png

#5 northtexas

northtexas

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:51 PM

My Real Air SF260 has two .mdl files but the vc rain mod doesn't work with it while all my FSD aircraft have only one .mdl yet I have VC rain with those.The easiest way to check is to backup all your FSX VCRAIN****.BMP files then copy the FS9 versions to the main Texture folder and check each airplane with rainy weather conditions. I have found no adverse effects with the default and other payware aircraft using the FS9 or rlvcrain.zip files .

#6 n4gix

n4gix

Forum Moderator

• 12,045 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 7 Months and 12 Days Ago.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 03:44 PM

>>Once more the question: How can I recognize from the folder>or file structure inside an aircraft folder that this is a >GMAX created aircraft in an FS9 format?That's the simplest question to answer!The model folder of ALL] "true FSX SDK" models will contain TWO .mdl files: one for the _exterior and another for the _interior.If the model folder has only a single .mdl file, then is is definitely NOT an authentic FSX SDK model... :)

Fr. Bill     us.png

Global Moderator

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

"It is not wise to contest forum moderators; they have more ways to admonish than you have of evading." (Shin'a'in Proverb)

avsim_logo_small-100x50.png

#7 Inactive Member_cbuchner1_***

Inactive Member_cbuchner1_***
  • Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

Once more the question: How can I recognize from the folderor file structure inside an aircraft folder that this is a GMAX created aircraft in an FS9 format?I don't currently know which aircraft I should try thisraindrop hack with. Of course none of the default aircraft that ship with FSX, I suppose ;)Christian

#8 Inactive Member_Nils79_***

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 07:48 AM

Thanks for your answer, Owen!Is there a chance that we see someday for example a Twin Comanche flying in DX10 mode of FSX and with working VC rain effects?

#9 OwenHewitt

OwenHewitt

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 3 Months and 10 Days Ago.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:49 AM

Native FSX models do not have an option for use of animated images, such as what is being used for the raindrops, at least at this time!Owen
*****<br>J. Owen Hewitt<br><br>My blog:<a href="http://polypoke.wordpress.com" target="_blank">http://polypoke.word...m</a><br>Become a fan:<a href="http://www.facebook.com/polypoke" target="_blank">http://www.facebook....om/polypoke</a>

#10 Inactive Member_Nils79_***

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 06:01 AM

Yes, at least with FS9 models. The default FSX airplanes are still not showing VC rain effects.It would be nice, if a gmax expert could tell us, what has to be done for FSX models.

#11 victorwest2

victorwest2

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,556 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 9 Months and 8 Days Ago.

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:40 AM

>I suggest rlvcrain.zip for the VC and raindrop.zip for 2D.>So rlvcrain.zip works in FSX then?

#12 Inactive Member_Nils79_***

• Guests

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:41 AM

I suggest rlvcrain.zip for the VC and raindrop.zip for 2D.Posted Image

#13 Inactive Member_AreCee_***

Inactive Member_AreCee_***
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Thank you Jim, Excellent find, works great with all my Shockwave aircraft, which have been driving me nutz when it rained.I have seen no adverse affects on any other aircraft, default or add-ons. Posted Image

#14 northtexas

northtexas

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:05 PM

>oh, I must have misunderstood the post, >>You're saying you can only see the raindrops on older planes? >You can't see them in say, the C172 for FSX?That's correct...I only see them on my FSD for FSX aircraft. I also checked my Real Air SF260 and didn't see raindrops on it either.

#15 ryanbatcund

ryanbatcund

Member - 8,000+

• Members
  • 10,058 posts
  • Joined 7 Years, 11 Months and 18 Days Ago.

Posted 03 November 2007 - 07:00 PM

oh, I must have misunderstood the post, You're saying you can only see the raindrops on older planes? You can't see them in say, the C172 for FSX?
|Ryan Butterworth|

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!