•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Flour bombs cause crash (object collision)

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 oqvist

oqvist

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 5 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:17 PM

doesn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_tripecac_***

Inactive Member_tripecac_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:06 PM

The mission won't let me disable collision detection; that option is grayed out. Even if I select "Easy" from the drop-down, the "Detect crashes and damage" remains checked.I just tried it again, and this time waited until the guy stopped talking. It didn't crash any this time. Hmm...

#3 Inactive Member_harleyman52_***

Inactive Member_harleyman52_***
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:14 PM

>Has anyone else had collisions w/ flour bombs?No...Can't say i have......lol sorry this cracked me up..But I have flown both flour bomb missions and have never crashed.....and am just about to purchase the same add-ons you have...wonder if it will make me crash too...Hope you get a good answer here to your prob.....

#4 oqvist

oqvist

Member - 1,000+

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 1,925 posts
  • Joined 10 Years, 5 Months and 28 Days Ago.

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

I get it sometimes when I dive to much obviously on the target but not otherwise? Have you tried to "ignore collisions" in realism menu to bypass this problem :)

#5 Inactive Member_tripecac_***

Inactive Member_tripecac_***
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:04 PM

In the FSX "Flour Power" mission, whenever I drop a flour bomb, I get a "Mission Failed" message, saying that there was a crash (an object collision).This happens regardless of my angle of flying.I have the following installed:- Acceleration- FSGenesis mesh and landclass- UTX- GEXThe only time I'm able to drop a bomb w/o a crash is if I pause, then hit shift-D, then unpause. This is tedious, and doesn't always work.This mission won't let me change the realism settings to disable crash detection.The strange thing is the "Midwest Fly-in" also has flour bombs, but those don't cause collisions.Has anyone else had collisions w/ flour bombs?Any idea how to get them to work in the Flour Power mission? Thanks!Travis

#6 Fivenine

Fivenine

• Inactive Members
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 3 Years, 8 Months and 4 Days Ago.

Posted 13 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

any1 fixed this yet? im new to FSX and als have this prob. I just hit escape straight after i press shift D, then renter game - works for me.but i got no error message just a paused screen.

#7 JakeRogers

JakeRogers

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 5 Years and 24 Days Ago.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

There definitely is a simple and effective fix for this!  You also do NOT have to turn off "Crash Detection" which overrides the realism for the ENTIRE mission.  Go to FSXMissionsHangar.com and check out forums for AI Aircraft and enjoy this solution plus many more for FSX bugs.

Jake

#8 ChaoticBeauty

ChaoticBeauty

Member - 1,000+

• Members
  • 1,594 posts
  • Joined 2 Years and 21 Days Ago.

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

You get a crash after you drop a flour bomb because your aircraft touches the flour bomb. After you drop it, immediately rise your aircraft's nose.

Posted Image