Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoobPilot

FSX Won't Start Properly

Guest NoobPilot

Yet another problem from me getting to the main menu. I double click the shortcut, and on par the loading plate comes up. At about the same time that the main menu should come up, I get the dreaded "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered a problem and needs to close" error box. I tried this about 6 times, to no avail. This is the error signature I got: AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61637.0 ModName: simprop.dllModVer: 10.0.61637.0 Offset: 00006da7Does anyone know what is wrong? I didn't change any settings, as I was away from my computer in Greece for two weeks. (Yes, it was a very nice trip)EDIT: I forgot to mention that FS9 runs fine. This is a solely FSX problem.

Guest UlfB

Hi,Have you tried to...1. Rename your fsx.cfg file and let FSX build a new one?2. Rename your Logbook.BIN file, which might be corrupt?Hope you get your problem solved.Ulf B

Guest NoobPilot

Both of those were previous problems which caused the same general error, so those were the first thanks I checked. None of them worked. Thanks for the try.

Guest UlfB

OK,Maybe time to do a systematic search. How about disabling all entries in the file dll.xml (and exe.xml if you have this one)? Does FSX start?Edited: And it sure would help if you gave some info on what you already have tried.Ulf B

Guest NoobPilot

I opened up the dll.xml (for some wierd reason the xml extension is renamed saffariHTML on my computer, which is not a mac, and doesn't have saffari running on it anymore, but that's beside the point) and under False I switched the false to true and saved. The same problem occured. I opened it back up and changed it back. there is no exe.xml. EDIT: I just did this after you asked. This is all I tried besides the log and the cfg and restarting.

Guest UlfB

Maybe next step would be to manually disable all add on scenery entries in the scenery.cfg file (changing "Active=TRUE" to "Active=FALSE").Some add ons might have configuration utilities to help you to disable them, like UTX.I don't have much hope that this will help. You could also try to run a FSX repair.Ulf B

Guest NoobPilot

Ok, I disabled all of my addon sceneries, no change. I also ran a repair, again, no change. I have a feeling this error is due to a corruption in the SimProp.dll file, judging from the error message. I'm going to delete it and run another repair, hope to regenerate it. Do you think this is worth doing?

Guest UlfB

Jordan,Sorry, but I had to get a couple of hours sleep. Did removing SimProp.dll and running a repair help?Ulf B

Guest NoobPilot

Yes, it did. Thanks for all your help.

Guest NoobPilot

Ok, it turns out that it got me to the menu and into the sim, but it's now so buggy that when I click on a menu item while flying, the odds of getting a CTD are greater than 1 in 2. Previously, they used to be at about 1 in 4.

>Yet another problem from me getting to the main menu. I>double click the shortcut, and on par the loading plate comes>up. At about the same time that the main menu should come up,>I get the dreaded "Microsoft Flight Simulator has encountered>a problem and needs to close" error box. I tried this about 6>times, to no avail. This is the error signature I got: >>AppName: fsx.exe AppVer: 10.0.61637.0 ModName: simprop.dll>ModVer: 10.0.61637.0 Offset: 00006da7>>Does anyone know what is wrong? I didn't change any settings,>as I was away from my computer in Greece for two weeks. (Yes,>it was a very nice trip)>>EDIT: I forgot to mention that FS9 runs fine. This is a>solely FSX problem. Are you running Fsinn? for VATSIM?

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Guest NoobPilot

Nope, I do all my flying offline, and don't even have Fsinn.