Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

xml rose and arc

I have modifieds an ND, put the XML codes into the default FS9gps, customized the FS9gps-XML (means got rid of all the unwished features) and now I have got a nice nav display, which shows the flight path (if a flight plan is loaded), all the fixes, nav aids and airports.The 4 arcs are clipped static vector circles, the numbers on the outer arc and the little lines which mark the degrees are a rotating bitmap. Also all other elements - exept for the text strings - are bitmaps. The GS indication of the FS9gps I left there, but will modify it. The next step is to substitute the remaining bitmaps by vectors.The rose and the other parts which were elements of the ND rotate very smoothly but the refreshrate of the data, which come from the GPS, like moving map and the displayed flightpath, is very slow.Does anybody have an idea how to speed this up? Thanks for your helpMy appologies for the bad quality of the pic. :-)Wolfgang http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/67482.jpg

Guest Karl R Pettersen

Autoslew in xml would be possible by setting obs to "GPS WP DESIRED TRACK", once a waypoint is passed, and every now and then since it changes slightly along the way on long legs (great circle?).I've deliberately avoided using the GPS engine since it is hardcoded for slow update rates. Maybe accurate for typical GPS use, but an update tag/parameter would be very welcome if that sort of data were being used in a non-GPS gauge.All the faulty C421B gauges including the EHSI, was "fixed" to use only one graphics set, and exchanged afterburner events with new @PlayS macros, adding the actual macro to the top of the gauges. Using ultraedits regular expression, I changed 130+ gauges in a few clicks - it was amazing :) Some things had to be fixed manually though, but I think it was all done in a days "work". Having a lot more experience now, I'm considering doing the xml-EHSI from scratch, more faithful to the original features. I'm also considering using saved but nonused A:variables to store information (in flt-file), haven't dug deep enough into this yet though.Ike Slacks version, will it be freeware?

>Autoslew in xml would be possible by setting obs to "GPS WP>DESIRED TRACK", once a waypoint is passed, and every now and>then since it changes slightly along the way on long legs>(great circle?).The same variable is available in C as well. The chief problem is that it isn't always 100% reliable when being used to update the GPS "pointer/CDI..." While the numeric display is 100% accurate, the calculate value for rotation isn't. Neither of these will return the correct value 100% of the time:GPS_WP_TRUE_REQ_HDG - PLANE_HEADING_DEGREES_GYRO GPS_WP_DESIRED_TRACK - PLANE_HEADING_DEGREES_GYRO>Ike Slacks version, will it be freeware?No, it will be payware under the Reality XP label, AFAIK at this time.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest WilliamCall

Could you post an example of your FormattedText using pivot? I've been trying to create a compass rose whose text is displayed horizontally. I've tried various combinations of rotate, pivot, xaxis, xpivot. Nothing seems to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just an update for everyone....Ike Slack is a member of the Eaglesoft Development Group Team and we will be offering Ikes Sandel and other Coyote Avionics gauges as payware in our upcoming Avionics Catalog:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Ressurrected and reposted for posterityThe code for the rose:
<Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>0</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 0 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>3</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 1 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>6</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 2 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>9</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 3 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>12</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 4 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>15</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 5 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>18</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 6 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>21</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 7 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>24</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 8 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>27</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 9 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>30</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 10 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element><Element>	<Text X="10" Y="7" Length="2" Font="Arial" Color="dkgray" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">	<String>33</String>	<Axis X="5" Y="43"/>	</Text>	<Rotate>		<Value>(A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 11 * - /-/</Value>	</Rotate></Element>

For the ARC on the out- and inside "Circle's" and for the pointers still a bitmap, of course using the "clip" command, rest is "vector".Same for the ROSE, without a "Circle".With a lot of work it could be possible to make the pointers as "Polyline", but the code would be enormous (72 line's!).

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Wow, I remember that one.Only, I think I'd want to precalulate EVERYTHING in there.For example: (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) pi 6 / 0 * - /-/ :( Becomes: (A:Plane heading degrees gyro, radians) /-/ :( --Jon