Sign in to follow this  
arno

Effect placement

Guest frugm1

what you could do is get FSEffects and turn them into scenery API`s, then place them with airport for windows or FSSC I find thats the easiest way to place effects

Or you could try to use my ObPlacer XML tool. Then you can slew to the correct position in FS and then read the coordinates into the tool. That way you should be able to create an XML file to place your effects.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

FSDeveloper.com | Former Microsoft FS MVP | Blog

I have been slewing to get the cord., but the placement is not coming out at the points as you can see in the pic.I am using xml code and bglc.Arno, will this tool place exactly at a point?Jay

Guest luissa

double click! sorry!Luis

Guest luissa

Hi,If you know the distances from the points to the reference point of the structure and if you know the lat/lon of this reference point, you can place the points accurately. If that is the case I can elaborate.Luis

Hi Jay,Yes, unless the effect itself has an offset in the effect file of course. My tool reads the coordinates from FS with a lot of decimals, so they should be accurate.

Arno

If the world should blow itself up, the last audible voice would be that of an expert saying it can't be done.

Arno, I will get the tool now and try it in a bit.Luis, I have the lat/lon cords., but I do not know the distance from the effect now placed to the needed reference point.Will let you know later today how it goes.Thanks,Jayedit: What line in the effect file code will tell me if it has a offset?

Guest luissa

>Luis, I have the lat/lon cords., but I do not know the>distance from the effect now placed to the needed reference>point.Hi,With Sbuilder you can place effects. You enter the lat/lon alone or you also use BiasX, BiasY and BiasZ. These last 3 parameters have a default of zero, but they can be used to a enter a shift from the lat/lon in the west/east direction (X), in the south/north direction (Y) and in altitude (Z).Regards, Luis

Arno, I got ObPlacer XML tool and it gives me the cords no problem. Is it going to record the alt. also, or do I enter that manually?I am getting a run-time error. I have FSConnect in the modules folder, but I do have a regesitered copy of FSUIPC. Is there a issue with these together. I can not save a xml file from within ObPlacer XML either. Program closes.So bacically I copied and pasted the lat & lon cords into my xml file for the lights. Time consuming. :( What is a good bright effect for these? They are not showing until you get real close.Jay

Hi Jay,You will have to enter the altitude manual, at the moment ObPlacer XML is not able to read the altitude from FS as well.When you do you get the runtime error? Does it happen after you press a certain button. Maybe you are missing some requires runtime files.

Arno

Hi Arno,I get the error when I press, "save xml".Will it work with FSUIPC and not FSConnect? I did read that you may make it use FSUIPC which would be great.All my runtime files are up to date. Is there specific one I need?Jay

Hi Jay,Yes, I am working on a new version that uses FSUIPC, but it is not ready for release.I guess your MSXML.dll is not registered properly, as that is the DLL file used when you save a XML file.

Arno