Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lucky

Custom ground textures for SbuilderX problem

Guest Lucky

Hi allIm trying to add my own custom ground textures in SbuilderX.NOT PHOTO textures, my hand drawn ones. I know how to do this for Sbuilder FS9 version but am totally losy in using them in the FSX version.Example I want to be able to use my custom grasses for all seasond.Any hep would be much apreciated.ThanksAl Sibleyhttp://www.flightontario.com/images/sig_asibley.gif

Make new entries into the Terrain.cfg file for your textures. Then you can modify SBX to recognize the new features available.The drawback is having your new entries transferred over to the end-users Terrain.cfg file. But I feel if people can add repaints to aircraft, then they can make changes to the Terrain.cfg file. Having a polished install/uninstall program would take care of that.

The SDKs outline the data required for the Terrain.cfg file, plus peeking at what other developers do with their work is a solid guideline to follow.The additions to SBX would go into the Lines.txt or Polys.txt files and are set up to allow SBX to recognize the new GUIDs that you're adding in.I've done changes in both areas and they have worked fine, but if you need any help just post back.

Hi guys,the alternative is to pick a suitable existing land class in regards to number of variants, seasonal variations, and secondary slope changes - see my land class table at http://forums.simflight.com/viewtopic.php?f=231&t=57245 Then make a custom land class file that uses that class and place it in a scenery subfolder with your textures (renamed to match that class' texture set!) in a texture subfolder.FSX is much more open to "external" autogen annotations so you can create your own agn files for your custom texture and place it in that texture subfolder and they will be used.The advantage of this approach is that it doesn't require custom entries to the terrain.cfg and that your custom texture set can consist of more than just one variant per season.Cheers, Holger