•  

Where Flight Simulation Enthusiasts Gather from Around the World!

HOT SPOTS:
 rarrow.gif The 2014 Demographic Survey! - NEW!

rarrow.gif What's new in the Library

rarrow.gif Member Blogs

rarrow.gif Member Reviews - Contribute a Review!
rarrow.gif Bargain Hunters Forum
rarrow.gif Classified, Want, Swap Ads

rarrow.gif AVSIM Team Speak System

rarrow.gif Video Library
rarrow.gif Image Gallery
rarrow.gif Community Links Library
rarrow.gif Tutorials

rarrow.gif FS9. FSX & P3D CTD Guide

rarrow.gif FSX / P3D Configuration Guide

rarrow.gif AVSIM Publications 

Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!

. . .
Photo
- - - - -

Apollo Lunar Roving Vehicle Released!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 misho2

misho2

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 5 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Thanks Ryan! We're quite pleased with it ourselves!We have the LM model, but it needs to be textured. We'll see if we can spare cycles for this, as we have a few things on the go: The next spacecraft will be the Apollo LFV, and we're, of course, developing the SFM for FSX. FS2004 is essentially on its way out as a platform, so all the add-ons developed for TerraBuilder:Moon will be produced in such a way that they are fully compatible with FSX.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

#2 Inactive Member_Ryan1966_***

Inactive Member_Ryan1966_***
  • Guests
  • Joined 44 Years, 8 Months and 2 Days Ago.

Posted 25 November 2008 - 11:40 AM

I've downloaded and installed LRV last night - amazing!!! Everything is just about perfect, the model is really detailed... Love the mechanical linkage detail and the overall attention to accuracy. Instrumentation is top notch! The frame rate does slow down when using the full FX and on uneven terrain but thats easily turned off as the manual states. Can't believe how much mileage I'm getting out of my FS2004.Only thing I'd ask for is an appropriate scenery for this, i.e. a static prop of the LM Apollo lander and some localized accurate Apollo terrain. Any plans for this?Ryan

#3 misho2

misho2

• Topic Starter
  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • Joined 9 Years, 5 Months and 17 Days Ago.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:27 PM

We're pleased to announce that, after a long development and with the help and advice from an original NASA engineer who worked on the Apollo Lunar Rover, the Apollo LRV (FS 2004 only) is now available for FREE download from TerraBuilder site http://www.TerraBuilder.comThere is also a 4-minute LRV video in the newly-available TerraBuilder Video Archive page here:http://www.terrabuil...e/LRVMovie.htmlDrawn from the original NASA blueprints and accurate to the last rivet, this rover represents the absolute maximum of what can be squeezed from the FS2004 engine into a land-driven vehicle. With realistic animated suspension linkage, 4-wheel steering, interactive and animated rover components and incredible dust, pebble and tracks effects, the rover uniquely depicts the realistic control panel with working, 3D switches and controls. Unique to the this rover is also a Thermal Control model - the rover components actually heat up and can be cooled down by opening the battery covers.Strap in and get ready for the ride of your life - as close to the original Apollo astronaut's point of view as possible (at a break neck speed of 12 km/h - safety first :) )Please note: This rover is FREE to registered TerraBuilder:Moon users only. It will not work without the TBM add-on installed.