Sign in to follow this  
gelowims

PSS-757 Install-FSX

I was able to get pss-757 installed into FSX using the new Addon ConvertorX. However, The following did not work even though I was able to manuallyfly the plane in FSX.1. The overhead panel2. The CDU3. The Eye Viewpoint had to be reset each time4. The plane would not hold altitude, without bobbing up and downIs there anyone out there who has made some progress on getting this plane to work in FSX?Gelowims

Guest Callmecapt

Kind of a misleading post, isn't it?Basically you could get it in there but it doesn't work like it should. When you can get it in there and use all the systems without any problems, then make a post.Unfortunately, getting the PSS aircraft to work in FSX is like beating a dead horse. Goran

Sorry, but I do not get your misleading comment. As posted is exactly what happened when I installed PSS-757 into FSX using the new Addon Converter. The textures of the aircraft do show properly, but not all part of the panel work as should. As to your comment that I might be beating a dead horse, that might be very true. However my post was and is not misleading. Thank you.Gelowims

Guest Callmecapt

Never meant for you to take it the wrong way. When I see a post that says a FS9 product is NOW able to be installed in FSX, I look into it to see how I could do it. It is possible to install ANY aircraft from FS9 to FSX. No matter how complex it is. Getting it to work is another thing altogether.Goran

im very late but to update on this comment from 2008 for the next viewer to see: the plane is able to be converted onto fsx, but you will encounter a few bugs, such as the a/t not holding the selected speed, and the alt hold not working; it will bob up and down. ive contacted a few software developers to see if they can aid me with these bugs and get it fixed, so some of us who want the PSS 757 on fsx can fly it worry free.

It is extremely unlikely that the developer will fix or allow the 757 to be fixed via 3rd party devs - to do so would involve hacking the code and is a clear violation of the EULA.

DJ

Right - I always thought it a pity PSS folded when it did - with the 757 FSX well into beta testing and running well. It still sits somewhere on one of my HDD.

But a lot of water under the bridge since then.

John R

So true, and at the current glacial pace it's going to be a long time before the Airbus gets finished, let alone anything else...

DJ

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.